2009 Scott CR1 Pro??
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

2009 Scott CR1 Pro??

Changing from moountain bike; I am looking for my first road bike and has not ride a road bike before. I am interested on 2009 Scott CR1 Pro and would like to know:-

1) Is there any different between the 2010 & 2009 CR1?
    2) Is the geometry same as Addict?
    3) Would it be better to get R3 instead? To me the carbon material is the same for both.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbull
    Changing from moountain bike; I am looking for my first road bike and has not ride a road bike before. I am interested on 2009 Scott CR1 Pro and would like to know:-

1) Is there any different between the 2010 & 2009 CR1?
    I believe the biggie is that the 2010 model has a replaceable derailure hanger like the Addict.

2) Is the geometry same as Addict?
    Check out the Scott website for geometry, but I believe the CR1 provides a little more upright position with it's taller front end. I could be wrong, that's just what I read on this site somewhere, so check the Scott site. http://scottusa.com/us_en/category/8145/road Each model has a separate geometry listing.

3) Would it be better to get R3 instead? To me the carbon material is the same for both.
    Yes. But, I have a 2009 Addict R4, so I might be biased.
    Still, the lighter Addict frame is supposed to ride a little less harshly than the CR1, despite being just as stiff a pedaling platform. That's just hearsay again, but from both professional print reviews and comments on this site, so it probably has some validity. I have never ridden a CR1 and am not terribly sensitive to ride quality. But, my Addict seems surprisingly smooth compared to other bikes I have owned and is definitely efficient, in my experience.
    Last edited by TucsonMTB; 10-11-2009 at 01:30 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Go for a 2010 CR1.

More upright (comfortable) position, more comfort built into the frame (es compared to the 2009 CR1), it has a replaceable hanger, is around 850g for the frame and it looks cool ;).

The new CR1s ride quality is smoother than the Addict.

Good luck!
    Derek Zoolander - "I'm not an ambi-turner"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    The CR1 Pro is great. I have 09 model. Having come from a flat bar road bike, I was surprised how well it road and how stable it is. I love it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

Thanks for all the input... Thanks

Wish to thanks all help and sharing your expereince on Scott CR1 Pro..

Thanks