2013 scott foil thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Arrow 2013 scott foil thread

Anyone Lucky enough to get their hands on one yet?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Pictures please!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

foil 15

what is the diference between de 2012 and 2013 model besides the synchro wheels and colors?

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    I'll let you know in a week. They shipped ours yesterday so either Friday or monday.

As for difference, nothing. Just Synchros cockpit and wheels. Frame is same.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Other than being a lot more expensive, worse spec, there is not a difference between '12 and '13 frames.
    Last edited by dblack; 09-11-2012 at 05:48 AM.

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    I dont know if I'd say its worse spec, I find the Synchros stuff to be nice, especially the saddle. That Selle Italia was such a piece of ****.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Beh... either way... Prices went up for no good reason. Considering that they're now equiped with (less known) Syncross, which is Scott's own brand now... Prices should go down or at least stayed the same... I mean... Foil 15 2012 for 4000 and same Foil15 2013 for 4600 ... 600 extra for what?? downgrading the stuff (which are already crap and should be replaced with better, as soon as you buy it).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    I guess I would rather have Mavic wheels and Sella saddle just from a brand perspective. The Synchros stuff may be ok, but the wheels alone retail for around $150 less than last year cosmics and the price for the '13 is roughly $600 more.

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    In case some of you guys dont know much about Synchros. Synchros has been around since the mid 1980's as a high-end parts manufacture, they were bought by Ritchey Components which you all know, make high end parts as well. Synchros was very well known in the off-road side of the industry. Scott has a great relationship with Ritchey, this is evident in the seatposts you see on the Foil, CR1, Sparks, Scales also stems and handlebars. Scott bought Synchros to kind of expand the line, just like how you see Specialized with Roval, Trek with Bontrager. All these brands picked up these aftermarket brands to replace their "house name" parts to give them an edge.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by pumaking View Post
    That Selle Italia was such a piece of ****.
    after my 1st ride on my 20, i got rid of my saddle and put on a Spesh Toupe

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here's my 2013 Foil 15 came in yesterday, built it today.

PS the syncros wheels on the Foil 15 are made by DT Swiss.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    that looks super nice, especialy with those enve wheels,
    what is the weight with those wheels?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Very nice

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceKilla View Post
    Here's my 2013 Foil 15 came in yesterday, built it today.

PS the syncros wheels on the Foil 15 are made by DT Swiss.

HAWT! specially with the murdered out Decals..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Very nice! Interested in the weight as well...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncomina View Post
    Very nice! Interested in the weight as well...

Haven't weighed it yet but a co workers has the same bike in 61cm with bottle cages, and dura ace pedals, zipp 303 tubulars, and it came in and 16lbs 4oz.

Mine is a 54cm so it should be somewhere in the 15's.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Trying to decide between 2013 Scott foil 15 and 2013 trek madone 6.5 priced about the same. I usually ride flats and my rides don't go past 60 miles. I weigh about 200 lbs and love to go fast; 25
    mph to 27 mph average. I currently own a 2008 Scott cr1 pro. Is trek really that bad. Every time I mention that I am considering a trek, people ask why would I even consider one. They say its all marketing and hype. I rode one the other day and I liked it. Although it didn't feel as lively or twitchy as the foil. Really torn between the two. Scott needs to a better job of releasing more pictures of their 2013 foil 15 and foil premium. This will be my first bike upgrade since I began cycling in 2008.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    I tried the Trek 5.9 briefly and found it very comfortable. Not sure about the Trek 6.5 but I finally bought a Scott Foil 15 2012 and it's great! It is stiff but not too uncomfortable either so if you like speed and want to take advantage of the latest aero technology I'd go for Scott.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Im Loving it!!! I want three.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Did SCOTT solve the problems with the slipping seatpost? Carbon paste doesnt cut it for me. Its an engineering problem that needs to be fixed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfern101 View Post
    Did SCOTT solve the problems with the slipping seatpost? Carbon paste doesnt cut it for me. Its an engineering problem that needs to be fixed.
    Hi
    Do you own a Foil 20? I have an early Foil 20 and had the slipping seatpost issue. My dealer in the UK contacted Scott and they sent out a repleacement seatpost that I believe was a slightly wider diameter (redesigned for the later 2012 models) and a replacement saetpost clamp wedge (The rubber part that clamps in the frame), with the replacement parts came instructions how to correctly tighten to a high torque setting.It now works great and I love the bike!!!

Hope this helps?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I really like this bike, such a nice frame!!! The one above looks fast sitting still!! I'm green with envy! (no pun intended!!)

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm picking up my 2013 Foil 15 in two weeks, cannot wait!

I have a long list of upgrades ready to go on it as well, including dura-ace c-50's with decals removed

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    I'm sure seat post issues were resolved.

Bradd, have you seen the 2013 foil 15 in person? Is it a matte gray color? I found some pics on a Chinese Facebook page. I searched under 2013 Scott foil 15 on Facebook.

The 15 is on my short list but I would love to see it first before I pull the trigger. What convinced you to buy it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Scott does offer value for the dollar. I am currently riding a 2008 Scott cr1 pro and really enjoyed it. I'm ready for an upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast