ADDICTS - post your pics! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Trying to return....
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jmilliron
    Addict R1. XL frame with hanger is 872, uncut fork is 318.
    I have the same frame on order since Nov- been waiting impatiently for several weeks now.

How long did you wait for yours?

Road-Guy
    Mar 2010

Waiting for Scott Warranty Dept is an Ugly Business

I will spare you all the details of my Addict Warranty Frame Replacement story(ies.) My first Addict was an 2007 R-1 which was purchased new from a bike shop in December 2009. It was a first generation Addict R-1 with a minimal amount of graphics applied to the frame. It had an English threaded BB shell The NET (naked external tubeset) was not a pretty frame and was uglier as the ambient light was increased.

I contacted Scott through the LBS and they wanted the frame back for examination. It was shipped at their expense after I removed all components. They warranted it and shipped a new 2010 R-1 with HTS team graphics, standard seat post clamp and a BB-86 press fit bottom bracket.

My total time between frames was 2 weeks. I consider that excellent given the shipping to and from Idaho.

Upon receiving the frame, a new Campy SR 11 group was installed. I needed to obtain and install Campy's BB-86 cupset to install the SR Ultra Torque crankset. To make a long story short, That frame was unable to securely hold the Campy cup & crankset. After several months and 4 bike shops of attempted problem solving,

Scott was contacted in July 2010 and their warranty dept. man agreed that the frame should be replaced under warranty. Due to unexpected sales demand they had no frames available in the US. They were expecting the 2011 frames in late September. It was not until November 2010 that I received the replacement.

The replacement was a new 2010 RC with team graphics, a threaded bottom bracket and an integrated seat mast. I put 500 miles on it and it has been perfect. It is a dream-bike.

I know several riders that have Campy ultra-torque equipped Addicts with the press-fit BB that have had no problems. I was just unlucky.

At this time, I can tell you that Scott has gone through many personnel changes over the past year. The dealer that is ordering your bike needs to make additional efforts via telephone until he speaks to the right people. And BTW, Scott does not want to hear from the buyer directly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Not sure when my 2011 Addict R1 was ordered. I had talked to my LBS about it in September and then put a deposit down on it in October.

It's a beautiful looking frame. I'm sure you will be pleased once yours arrives.

Road-Guy
    Mar 2010

Your R-1's

What components are you planning to build your R-1's with?
    Road-Guy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Taking the parts from my Ridley.

SRAM Red group
    Selle Italia Flite Kit Carbonio saddle
    T3 Rotundo Team bars
    Look Ti Blade pedals
    KCNC Ti QR Skewers
    Carbon cages
    Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    Thomson X2 stem

Training wheels:
    DT Swiss 240s/Mavic Open Pro front wheel
    PowerTap PRO+/Mavic Open Pro rear wheel
    Michelin Pro 3 tires

Race wheels:
    2010 Reynolds Assault Tubulars
    Vittoria Evo Corsa CX tires

Should be a little under 14lbs with the tubulars.

Trying to return....
    Jun 2005
    Not sure when my 2011 Addict R1 was ordered. I had talked to my LBS about it in September and then put a deposit down on it in October.

It's a beautiful looking frame. I'm sure you will be pleased once yours arrives.
    Just got word here, my frame will arrive at my LBS on Thursday this week.

Road-Guy
    Mar 2010
    What components are you building with?
    Road-Guy

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Bike is still at the shop but here is a teaser.

Will use a real camera when I pick it up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Few photos of the shop (Veloro in Redwood City, CA) while I waited for the finishing touches.

13.9lbs/6.3kg, ready to race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dayum, e34john! Is that a Vibe Sprint “Mark Cavendish Star Series” handlebar and stem? Awesome!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Few photos of the shop (Veloro in Redwood City, CA) while I waited for the finishing touches.

Ready to race indeed!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Cavendish bar. Theo Bos stem, it matches the bike better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    That Veloro store looks amazing. So many great brands I wouldn't know how I would choose. Will definately check it out when I up there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e34john
    Cavendish bar. Theo Bos stem, it matches the bike better.
    Nice! Count me among those watching for the final results and cheering you on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Those flat black frames are just sick! Well here's mine before I finished the build. Sorry pic quality

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    That's going to be fantastic. I really like the Rotor crank sets.

I think I might switch to 3T stem and post once I get the fit dialed in. The Thomson stuff is fantastic but... you know...

Anyway, I have a plan to get down to 13.5lbs. If I get a bonus at work for 2010. ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    The twin to my RC! Mine was also a warranty replacement, the first frame arrived with a cracked seat stay. Yellow is my favorite color, and my previous bike was accented like yours: yellow tires, yellow saddle and yellow splash bar tape. I also had yellow cable housing. Two things drove me nuts: keeping the tire sidewalls clean enough to still look sharp and the saddle looking crappy after a few thousand miles. (It was a San Marco Era, with a leather cover). Yellow saddles seem to be quite hard to come by in these days of red, white and black. Opting for tubeless tires and Fizik saddle has got me away from the "tyranny of yellow", and I'm actually quite relieved to be with basic black. I also lusted after SR-11, but deciding to get a Quarq cemented my decision to go with SRAM.

Each to his own. You have a beautiful machine. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

Road-Guy
    Mar 2010

Oh, The Challenges of Yellow!

My Scott Addict is not the first of my bikes accented with yellow colored components. I have a 2001 Litespeed with seat, tires, and original Litespeed bar tape. Maintaining the yellow tires has been a challenge, but is has developed into a routine that has been good overall.

I clean any tar and/or oily stuff with a rag moistened with paint thinner (mineral spirits.) It is amazing how much grit is adhered to the rolling surfaces of the tires. Following the tar removal, I use a sponge with some Dawn dishwashing solution for a wipe-off. The plus of these colored tires is that the grit is easily visible.

The seat is another matter. The Sella Italia SLR on my Litespeed started losing the pigmentation after the very first ride. It was with hesitation that I bought one for the Scott. I decided to get another yellow one because it is comfortable (for me), very light and I got a nice price on Ebay. Apparently, the manufacturer has changed the dye and process because the new one has no visible wear. As of the last ride, (January 2, 2011) the seat has over 2100 miles.

Keeping the bar-tape looking nice requires use of paint thinner to remove greasy spots left by the wrench techs and a Dawn solution for the dirt and etching.

To be honest, I can easily see the day when I give up on these yellow accents. The best tires are usually available only in black rubber. At least in the beginning of their production.

Gormandizer, speaking of tires, Which tubeless are you using? What is the weight. When I started building the bike, last year, I considered going tubeless, but the weight difference seemed minimal because the tires were much heavier.

I am including two photos of earlier iterations of my Scott Addict. The first is a 2007 frame bought new at a LBS in Dec 2009. It suffered from some cosmetic issues. The second is a 2010 R-1 with a press-fit bottom bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Road-Guy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Feldman
    Gormandizer, speaking of tires, Which tubeless are you using? What is the weight. When I started building the bike, last year, I considered going tubeless, but the weight difference seemed minimal because the tires were much heavier.
    As far as I know, with road tubeless you're pretty much locked into Hutchinson. I have used both the Atom (270g) and Fusion 3 (290g). Michelin Pro 3s weigh 200g, then the tube is in the range 70-100g. So weight-wise it's a wash, UNLESS you use a sealant like Stan's, CaffeeLatex or FastAir which makes the tubeless weigh even more!

The main reason I went with tubeless was after flatting in a race about 7 miles from the finish when I was hanging with the lead group. I was suffering so badly up a long gradual climb, I did not notice I was riding on a flat tire, wondering why my fitness was so sucky that my heart rate was max'ing out. There was no neutral support, and in my stupidity I did not carry a spare tube or inflator. I took my shoes off and walked about a mile before someone kindly stopped and lent me a tube and inflator.

Since using tubeless (with a sealant) I have not had any flats on the road, although I replaced one tire due to a gash. Hutchinsons seem prone to gashes.

Another benefit of tubeless is that you can run lower pressures (10-20 lbs lower) without the risk of pinch flats. This makes the ride more comfortable and possibly reduces rolling resistance. I know real racers use tubulars, but I don't want the hassle at my paltry level of racing without support.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Stan's road rims are *light* and look interesting. I've run their mountain bike system for a few years and it has pretty much been flawless for me. Will probably try it for my next set of clinchers.

From this morning. I've since then cut the excess steer tube off and ordered some different parts.

Trying to return....
    Jun 2005
    I finished my build last night (no photos yet) and followed a similar path to you for components - mine comes in at 14 lbs on the mark.

Road-Guy
    Mar 2010

Thanks for this amazing pic!

jmilliron,

Thanks for this beautiful picture. Where is this skyline? I'm assuming you are somewhere in California
    Road-Guy

Road-Guy
    Mar 2010

Great Shot

jmilliron,

Thanks for this beautiful picture. Where is this skyline? I'm assuming you are somewhere in California
    Road-Guy

banned
    Nov 2010
    I took my first fairly long ride today on my R2. Its also the first carbon bike Iv owned and wow how nice a ride. Smooths out broken roads. Big comfort difference from aluminum.
    BB30 bracket is stiff like standing on cement. Cant say enough about this awesome ride.
    Last edited by apoint; 01-30-2011 at 01:43 PM.

banned
    Nov 2010
    ----------------

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast