cr1 pro, do you like em?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010

cr1 pro, do you like em?

I've been shopping new bikes. The cr1 seems to offer a little more bang for the buck than most other $3000 bikes. I haven't ridden one yet but it on my short list. I was planing on an all out race machine, but in reality the cr1 would probable be better.

I've ridden a 5.2 madone, and I want to ride a giant defy advanced. The lbs is trying to put me on a roubaix, seems comfortably but I'm not crazy about the looks.

Any input you could give me would be great.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    well.; i have the CR1 elite.; and I love it..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I can't offer any real-world feedback, but I just purchased a 2011 CR1 comp and my situation sounds really similar to yours. After looking for a while, I simply could not find a better deal than a CR1 to replace my aging and undersized Tarmac. I race frequently and put in a lot of miles and the frame seems to be excellent in terms of strength and weight. I am happy with the purchase so far, and it seems like a pretty capable racing machine- it is very edgy for a "plush" bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    I am in the process of taking the Avanti Bicycle Company, who are the distributors of Scott, here in Australia to the courts. My frame broke after six months, CR1 Pro, and without even asking me "how" they have rejected it as a manufacturers defect. I have never dropped or crashed it. If you have another option or brand choice i would highly recommend it. Scott i have found out are notoriously poor on warranty.

I loved my CR1 Pro. It rode great, was light as hell, and fit me perfectly.
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    I just did my first ride yesterday with my new CR1 team and I loved it. I had the CAAD 9 and like the CR1 a lot more, at least for me. found it to be a great balance between racy and comfort. I also compared it to the Tarmac but could not justify the extra money. I liked the CR1 better.

EWF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Just bought a CR1 Pro 2 weeks ago, ridden about 90 miles on it, and love it. It had the best specs (esp. the Ksyrium Elite wheelset) in this price range. The fit was perfect and the bike is light, fast and responsive. I was mainly comparing it against Cervelo RS and R3, which were good, but I felt more comfortable on and connected to the Scott. I am concerned about what the previous poster said about his frame, and would hope that if it happened in the US it would not generate the response he got in Aus. Hopefully that's an aberration. Scott could not stay in this competitive business long if it does not stand behind its product.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

CR1 Team

3 weeks old, 500 miles on it and love it.

Different saddle and wheels since I already had several pairs I didnt spring for the higher model.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    A little input from someone who's been riding a Scott CR1 Pro for a long time: I've had my bike for over 10,000 miles the past 2.5 years, and couldn't ask for a better machine. I'm a big guy, 200lbs and 6', and the stiffness continues just like day 1. No weird cracks or sounds or anything else. Been a great bike, and I don't think you will regret buying it.

One point is that mine is a 2008 model. I believe in 2010, they tweaked some of the geometry of the bike to differentiate it a bit from the Addict. Made it more rider friendly, and not quite so racey. In any event, still love my Scott CR1!
    If confronted by a mountain lion, it's best to pretend to be as big as possible. But not big as in important, ie, "Do You Know Who I Am?".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    You're getting a very biased opinion from me but here goes, stay away from Scott!!!!!!! I have a frame with a crack in the CR1 stays and after 3 weeks of back and forth with them they want me to pay $300 for a crash replacement frame although my frame has not been crashed. Ben Chournos is evidently the dictator of the warranty department in Utah and answers to no one and follows the rule of guilty until proven innocent. It has been a very frustrating 3 weeks and I am a shop employee!!!!! I am ordering a replacement in the morning from FELT!!!!!!! I have had warranty issues with GT, Intense and KHS and have never seen such poor customer service! Look elsewhere with your hard earned dollar!
    Good luck, Jason

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
    A little input from someone who's been riding a Scott CR1 Pro for a long time: I've had my bike for over 10,000 miles the past 2.5 years, and couldn't ask for a better machine. I'm a big guy, 200lbs and 6', and the stiffness continues just like day 1. No weird cracks or sounds or anything else. Been a great bike, and I don't think you will regret buying it.

One point is that mine is a 2008 model. I believe in 2010, they tweaked some of the geometry of the bike to differentiate it a bit from the Addict. Made it more rider friendly, and not quite so racey. In any event, still love my Scott CR1!
    Good to see this. I look forward to mine rolling into the shop at the first of the week.
    Norm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    I just purchased a new bike. I looked long and hard at the various options, and narrowed choices down to the CR1 Pro, the Cannondale Super Six 3, and the Tarmac Elite--all carbon frame, Ultegra groupsets, etc. And I bought . . . drum roll, please . . . the Scott Addict R2. A racier geometry than the CR1, but it had long been my real lust-for bike, and I was able to swing the extra $$ with some help from a very understanding wife. That all said, I love the Addict, but I'm sure I'd have loved the CR1, too. It ended up being the actual choice, had I stuck with the original three finalists.

I know lots of people riding Scotts, and have seldom heard anything bad about the bikes or their support. Those in North America should note that they have a new national sales manager, a guy named Terry Duran who is a top-quality (i.e., national champion) masters racer. A friend of mine who knows him well says he's a great guy. So any concerns about responsiveness to customers may be lessened soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Cr1 Pro, you cant go wrong. Best bang for the buck. Great light bike that's speced out with top components.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    I am looking for the cr1 pro vs addict r2 . The fitter says addict will suit my 5'11 height & 31'inseam. I want fast uphills not slow as my current bike frame is heavy, slow & hurts my shoulders. A 56 size in Scott should work ;) I hope

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Ht 173 cm. Inseam 78 cm. Sleeve 81 cm. Wt 68 kg. Not sure how much help those numbers are, as there's lots more to fit than that, but I'm still enjoying the heck out of my Addict R2. Wish my VO2max were as good as my bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kcroadrider View Post
    Ht 173 cm. Inseam 78 cm. Sleeve 81 cm. Wt 68 kg. Not sure how much help those numbers are, as there's lots more to fit than that, but I'm still enjoying the heck out of my Addict R2. Wish my VO2max were as good as my bike!

I am 73kg

What size bike?

EWF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Don't get fixated on the numbers. Test ride each of the bikes, configured by the fitter to your specs, and then see which one feels and rides better for you. There's no absolute right or wrong answer. It will be comfort, style and preference.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EWF View Post
    Don't get fixated on the numbers. Test ride each of the bikes, configured by the fitter to your specs, and then see which one feels and rides better for you. There's no absolute right or wrong answer. It will be comfort, style and preference.
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    my LBS has 2009 CR1 Pro on sale for about $200 cheaper than the 2011 CR1 Pro. Has there been any significant changes since 2009 or should I go for the 2011?

Harryquinn
    Jan 2011
    I'd go for the 2011 CR1 Pro. I bought mine a few months ago when m,y lbs offered me $1,000 off the list price.

Awesome color scheme and one beautiful mean machine

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Wow sweet deal! Are you located in the US? I'm in Canada and unable to find such deep discounts here.

Harryquinn
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyc38 View Post
    Wow sweet deal! Are you located in the US? I'm in Canada and unable to find such deep discounts here.
    I'm in Australia.

The lbs is in a fairly small town (12,000 population) and I guess they're doing it tough in the present economic situation. I was offered hefty discounts on other bikes, such as the CR1 Team and the Felt F5

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had a 2005 CR1 Pro and LOVED it. Cool all black paint scheme and super stiff. It was a XL/58cm but I needed a longer top tube. The semi-compact and relaxed geometry makes the effective top tube a little short. So I sold it and got a 2009 CR1 Pro. I believe it was the last year before they softened up the ride. I like the stiff and responsiveness and it works well for my size. I can't speak for the new CR1s, but I suspect they are a good ride from the reviews.
    Scott Addict, Niner Jet 9, Cutter 801 CX
    Facebook, Blog, Amazon Author Page

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    scoping out the carbon frame road bike scene... just went into my LBS near where i live in Paris and they recommended the 2012 CR1 Pro and the 2012 CR1 Team...

what are the major differences between these two bikes? EDIT besides the 105 to Ultegra...

they are offering the Pro for 2,380 euros (3,212 american dollars)
    and the Team for 1,700 euros (2,295 american dollars)
    [all tax included]

thanks!
    Last edited by knightev; 09-24-2011 at 03:46 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by knightev View Post
    scoping out the carbon frame road bike scene... just went into my LBS near where i live in Paris and they recommended the 2012 CR1 Pro and the 2012 CR1 Team...

what are the major differences between these two bikes? EDIT besides the 105 to Ultegra...

they are offering the Pro for 2,380 euros (3,212 american dollars)
    and the Team for 1,700 euros (2,295 american dollars)
    [all tax included]

thanks!
    I live in Geneva, even culture-velo of France can't compete.

You should ensure size fits perfect, I flew to Epic Cycles in tenbury wells.

The CR1 Pro is the same frame, but more comfortable. More upright. Look on bike-radar. I went for a racier blend the addict.

Pm me for more questions. What are you wanting? Prices seem good for Paris.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast