CR1 significantly more comfortable than Addict R2? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by z85guy View Post
    85cm, My last bike was a 58 and I rode it for a year before I caved in and went smaller. Im partial to a smaller frame in part to that experience. I feel like I have more command of the bike. You should ride both and the decide
    so, you came from 58 to 54 and now it`s ok? i was thinking that the difference between one size is large, but obviously is not...

so, i am in the middle between 54 and 56. in the theory i think for me will be better 56, because my back will be straight. i am also not so young anymore, almost 38...

next week i will try both size and the i will decide...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Good luck! The 58 had a 90cm stem (+6) and short reach bars (turned up quite a bit). I put flats on it and ride it to the store with my kid every so often and wonder how I ever rode it regularly The geometry of the CR1 has been very friendly to me also as I just turned 50 Its an excellent bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    About Addict; i have pretty good offer for new one, year 2011, but i am also searching for 1-2 years used bike...
    Because Scott (like many manufacturers) only warrants their bikes to the first owner, you will only have a warranty if you buy a new Addict from an authorized Scott bicycle dealer.

With carbon frames, a warranty can be important. Carbon seldom cracks, but when it does, the frame must be replaced.
    It's a new frame, model year 2011.
    I have one more question; i already said that my legs are not so long, but my torso is - in that case, is addict bettrt choise for me than cr1?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1975 View Post
    It's a new frame, model year 2011.
    I have one more question; i already said that my legs are not so long, but my torso is - in that case, is addict bettrt choise for me than cr1?
    If you can't tell by riding them, reviewing the geometry numbers provided by Scott might help you decide. The Addict is the top chart and the CR1 geometry is the chart below it.

It looks like the top tubes are within a quarter inch of being the same for a given frame size. So, your relative body geometry should fit on either. That's good news because you can purchase the one you like better without concern about the geometry.

The biggest difference in fit, as Scott promotes it, is the higher front end of the CR1 allowing a more upright position.
    If you want to be streamlined, pick the Addict. If you prefer to be more upright when you ride, get the CR1.

Edited to add: For some reason, the image of the CR1 geometry disappeared from this message. Because it is a current model, you can find the numbers on the Scott website at this link SCOTT CR1 Pro Bike - SCOTT Sports by switching to the Geometry tab.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

CR1 significantly more comfortable than Addict R2?

OP what did you get finally?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

I am also choosing betwen this two models and i cannot decide

I prefer more comfort on the bike - the better choise will be CR1. But for driving on the hills its better to choose Addict...

i have also doubt which frame size is perfect for me. i am 180 cm (5` 10") tall. for this height i think i size L (56) correct choise, but my feet are not so long ; inseam is just 83 cm (32.68 in). if i look only for inseam, than corrent frame size is M

so what size should i choose?
    Which did u get?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreet View Post
    Which did u get?
    in the end, i choose Cannondale Synapse

and i took size 56. i also try frame 54, but i think it was a little too short for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

in the end, i choose Cannondale Synapse

and i took size 56. i also try frame 54, but i think it was a little too short for me.
    That's a very good bike, super comfy too - bought one in 2011 for my Gf but had wished I had one myself as its a grand tourer and dependent on the gears can tackle hard climbs superbly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123