MY test ride on a Scott CR1 team issue
    RoadBikeReview Member

Smile MY test ride on a Scott CR1 team issue

WEll some basic facts first, i'm 215lbs, 6'2" tall, and love to sprint and power. I have 15 years on the bike and now race mostly cyclocross and MTN, but still train mostly on the road. My rep came by and i got to take this out for a hour ride on my favorite roads.
    First this is a LIGHT bike. We weighted twice and the 56cm size came in at 14.5 sans pedals. This is about 4 lbs lighter than my OCLV. I looked it over, it is flawless. THe carbon weave is just unbelievable. Fit and finish was perfect. But how would it ride?
    Well let me tell you, we sell C-dale, SPecialized, Bianchi,and i own a Trek OCLV. This thing was as stiff as a C-dale. It flat out bolted when i put pedal to the metal. I'm big, bad for climbing, good for going fast ina straight line. I honked on this bike as much as i could, looking for front chain rub, or any sigh of flex. If its there, i couldnt find it. It was like riding a rocket sled, you pedal, and it goes. Over some rough, it seemed to absorb well, however i don't know how it would ride over the long ride.
    Now at 4500.00??? or there abouts, this is a expensive bit of eye candy. The thing i was not happy with was the 3 year warrenty. I have a OCLV that is 6 going on 7 years old and still looks new. I would love to buy a bike like this and ride it for the long haul, however the thought of a frame failure at year 4 not being covered is scary. Guess my pockets arnt deep enough. However i can say that it was like driving a ferrari, it really is a fast, fast bike. Perhaps if i was serious racing again, no problem. Still glad to have a chance to ridden it.
    Bill

Feb 2004

Are you in the US?

I heard it was stiff. Maybe rated the stiffest of all bikes, but I thought you can't get it in the US.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wooden Wheels, Newark Shopping Center. De. We are getting a 56 in. Select other dealers will get one bike each. Pay attention if you want one. Bill

Jul 2004
    looks like carbon is gonna push out aluminum as the top material for high end bikes,I just started reading about them & man I feel like gettin one(would be #7 bike),can use something light as I ride the trail in Manayunk.

Feb 2004

Thanks

I've wanted some info on these bikes but the scottusa web site is pretty
    out of date.

Feb 2004

Smile I take that back

Scottusa website has been updated. Top of the line Scott carbon is $4800 w/ Dura ace.
    Weight is listed at 14.9 lbs!

RoadBikeReview Member

Wooden Wheels going to be a Scott Dealer?

Bill,
    is the shop going to be a stocking dealer for Scott?
    I would LOVE to try out a Scott Road Bike....heck for that matter a Scott MTB as well.

Michael
    Wooden Wheels Racing

Quote Originally Posted by crossracer
    WEll some basic facts first, i'm 215lbs, 6'2" tall, and love to sprint and power. I have 15 years on the bike and now race mostly cyclocross and MTN, but still train mostly on the road. My rep came by and i got to take this out for a hour ride on my favorite roads.
    First this is a LIGHT bike. We weighted twice and the 56cm size came in at 14.5 sans pedals. This is about 4 lbs lighter than my OCLV. I looked it over, it is flawless. THe carbon weave is just unbelievable. Fit and finish was perfect. But how would it ride?
    Well let me tell you, we sell C-dale, SPecialized, Bianchi,and i own a Trek OCLV. This thing was as stiff as a C-dale. It flat out bolted when i put pedal to the metal. I'm big, bad for climbing, good for going fast ina straight line. I honked on this bike as much as i could, looking for front chain rub, or any sigh of flex. If its there, i couldnt find it. It was like riding a rocket sled, you pedal, and it goes. Over some rough, it seemed to absorb well, however i don't know how it would ride over the long ride.
    Now at 4500.00??? or there abouts, this is a expensive bit of eye candy. The thing i was not happy with was the 3 year warrenty. I have a OCLV that is 6 going on 7 years old and still looks new. I would love to buy a bike like this and ride it for the long haul, however the thought of a frame failure at year 4 not being covered is scary. Guess my pockets arnt deep enough. However i can say that it was like driving a ferrari, it really is a fast, fast bike. Perhaps if i was serious racing again, no problem. Still glad to have a chance to ridden it.
    Bill

RoadBikeReview Member
    According to TOm WE are. However Scott has no real produdt right now. We are loking at possibility of next year for bikes. THat is what i know. The Bike was very very sweet though, even under my fat butt. Bill