Scott CR1 Team complete bike for $1699 @ REI, good deal?
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Kwantani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    259

    Scott CR1 Team complete bike for $1699 @ REI, good deal?

    Try to make a decision here... need your feedback..
    REI selling Scott CR1 Team complete bikes (105 triple, ksyrium equip wheels, some ritchey parts) for $1699. Is that a good deal?
    what's the market price for CR1 frameset in U.S. nowadays?

    I'm not too impressed with the 105 triple, thinking of striping it down and selloff the components and use the $ to upgrade to DA. what do you think?

    Kwan

  2. #2
    FTF
    FTF is offline
    banned
    Reputation: FTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwantani
    Try to make a decision here... need your feedback..
    REI selling Scott CR1 Team complete bikes (105 triple, ksyrium equip wheels, some ritchey parts) for $1699. Is that a good deal?
    what's the market price for CR1 frameset in U.S. nowadays?

    I'm not too impressed with the 105 triple, thinking of striping it down and selloff the components and use the $ to upgrade to DA. what do you think?

    Kwan
    I'd say that is a pretty decent deal. Yeah, after you sell the 105, the frame will be a hell of a deal.

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by FTF
    I'd say that is a pretty decent deal. Yeah, after you sell the 105, the frame will be a hell of a deal.
    How much do the frames differ from CR1 Team to CR1 Team Issue?

    thanks

    petzi-baer

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Kwantani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    259
    team issue is ~80g lighter, or something in that neighborhood.


    Quote Originally Posted by petzi-baer
    How much do the frames differ from CR1 Team to CR1 Team Issue?

    thanks

    petzi-baer

  5. #5
    FTF
    FTF is offline
    banned
    Reputation: FTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwantani
    team issue is ~80g lighter, or something in that neighborhood.
    Yeah, and actually the pro, and the team are stiffer too. So there's a weight penalty, but you get added stiffness.

  6. #6

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by FTF
    I'd say that is a pretty decent deal. Yeah, after you sell the 105, the frame will be a hell of a deal.
    That's exactly what I did.

    I've got the frame built up with Dura Ace and WCS carbon and love it.

    --

    http://www.bikefeed.com

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    55
    bought it on Friday ....

    Petzi-Baer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.