Scott Foil 20 SRAM red - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    I suspect I have the wrong adapter, mine is if moving from an existing BB86 already fitted which is what I thought the frame comes with but sounds like yours came with nothing which is probably what I will get too. Anyway not the end of the world. Local BS will probably exchange for what I need. Think I will leave them to fit also. BBs a bit beyond my skill-set.

Interesting feedback on stiffness, has heard that they are stiff. Hoping not too bone shattering.
    Thanks for feedback. Will keep you posted on build progress, am sure will have more Qs.

Sounds like Summer has arrived over your direction. Late Autumn here in Ireland and turbo trainer
    weather.

Thanks again, Julian.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Interesting to see how you find the Foil over a Long Run. 165k is a good distance.
    Have all the bits together for my build now. Will be putting it together in the next few weeks.
    Managed to tie in an expert builder to help out with the BB. After that I can manage everything else myself.
    Will post some pics f the finished project.
    Hopefully will have enought posts to put PIcs up by then.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

Very impressed by the quality of the finish on the Frame..some nice detail..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    what annoys me is the grey parts get really dirty really quickly
    even just water / sports drink marks

but yes ... the finish is awesome

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore49 View Post
    [IMG]ht]
    By the way
    test fit your crank and put a dummy chain on the small chain ring
    I had to remove mine because the integrated chain catcer was too short so I added a spacer. This can't be done unless you remove your crank so best to do it once instead of stuffing around later like what I had to do a few times

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

Finally got that build done, some tweaking needed in setup.
    One big problem I found was trying to put a carbon railed saddle on. Clamp on seatpost has bolt ins from side rather than from below with most seatposts so carbon rails wouldnt fit, had to revert to aluminium rail only. Anyone any experience of this before. Saddle I wanted to use was Fizik Arione CX with Carbon Rail but had to go with the Arione Versus with Kium rail is all I could get to fit. Going to make for an uncomfortable ride. Havent even managed to take it out for text run yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    hmmm thanks for the heads up
    i have the arione CX - manganese rails and it fits just fine but thanks for the heads up I was actually thinking about upgrading to carbon rails but it seems it can't be done ...
    it's interesting you have that problem because the highest spec Foil the Premium seems like it comes with the arione CX - carbon rails ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Ok seems there is a solution after a bit of digging:
    Weight Weenies • View topic - Scott Foil Saddle Clamp Issues
    Looks like there is a replacement clamp for the wider carbon rails of the Arione CX braided...happy days.
    Foil premium must have come with the upgraded seat rail clamp.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    have you weighed it ?
    BTW update for me is that I got Reynolds 46s

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Haven't weighted it yet, will do so in next few days. Not as featherweight as I expected but does feel lighter compared to my other bike. Took it out for first test run yesterday as rain finally stopped so I could get out. Feels very nice, not as stiff as I expected. My first experience using SRAM and have to say I love it. Very precise steering if a little twitchy. New Cosmic SLEs need bedding in so couldn't get an idea of decending speed yet. They make an almighty screech when braking and takes about 300k to break in. Also new for me moving from Compact to standard gearing. Going to take some getting used to on the ascending. Overall very impressed on the short run I did. Must get out for a longer run at weekend.

Did you go for clinchers? Reynolds 46 are a nice wheel, look great on. How do they compare against what you had before?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Weighed today and coming in at 6.8kg. That's with slightly heavier Fizik Versus saddle. Wold be a little lighter with Arione CX. Zipp Service course SL Bars and Stem probably add a little extra weight, big difference to my Fuji SL that is showing 8.5kg.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore49 View Post
    Haven't weighted it yet, will do so in next few days. Not as featherweight as I expected but does feel lighter compared to my other bike. Took it out for first test run yesterday as rain finally stopped so I could get out. Feels very nice, not as stiff as I expected. My first experience using SRAM and have to say I love it. Very precise steering if a little twitchy. New Cosmic SLEs need bedding in so couldn't get an idea of decending speed yet. They make an almighty screech when braking and takes about 300k to break in. Also new for me moving from Compact to standard gearing. Going to take some getting used to on the ascending. Overall very impressed on the short run I did. Must get out for a longer run at weekend.

Did you go for clinchers? Reynolds 46 are a nice wheel, look great on. How do they compare against what you had before?
    Reynolds feel great - I use the chinese carbon rims for commuting and the reynolds for crits and long rides.

I must say that the quality of these wheels are excellent
    awesome spec to DT aerolite spokes and DT 240 hubs got them for a killer price too.

well i'm not sure but for me the spec plus the bike just makes me confident - my favorite is the is the off the saddle sprint / chase - on the weekend i chased down a friend on a time trial bike - have a look at my Sat 24/11/12 ride on strava - blistering top speed !.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Very very nice setup Jheeno and jmoore! I find my Foil 20 quite perfect, except for the lack of a set-back seatpost.

anyhow, here's mine...

Thanks for visiting Road Cycling Gear Reviews - RoadieManila!!

~armand
    Last edited by mann2; 12-19-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12