Scott Foil - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Foil

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I have been eying a foil at my lbs for a while and finally took it for a test ride today.......the wife said i could sell the children to buy it. What a ride, I think i need one.......
    2008 Terratrike Cruiser
    2011 Scott Speedster S30
    2013 Scott Scale Team Mtb

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by outcast2 View Post
    I have been eying a foil at my lbs for a while and finally took it for a test ride today.......the wife said i could sell the children to buy it. What a ride, I think i need one.......

+1. Me too

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Ok, so selling the kids is out, she said she wanted replacements if i did. Guess ill just have to save the money
    2008 Terratrike Cruiser
    2011 Scott Speedster S30
    2013 Scott Scale Team Mtb

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by outcast2 View Post

You'll get more money if you "part-out" the kids" I hawked an old rolex that barley worked to get my CR1.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Thumbs up

Im LOVING my FOIL, ordered the wife's FOIL Contessa in late december and it finally came in 2 days after her birthday.. almost perfect timing. needless to say, she LOVED IT!

Newb
    I picked up a Foil 30 last week (had to order; last 52 that Scott had). Its my first road bike and I haven't gotten a lot of time in on it yet but I love it!

I will give some more reviews after I get some solid seat time in.

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    I work for the 3rd largest Scott dealer in the US.

Pics of my Foils.

I just picked up this last week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greatenini View Post
    I'm new to the Scott family, but I did my research and decided I could not find another bike with the stiffness, lightness, and aerodynamics of the Foil. I am replacing my Felt AR4 and F3 with the Foil in order to simplify my road situation. It seemed as though I would always want the speed of the AR when I rode the F3 and the lightness of the F3 when I rode the AR. I figured the Foil would allow me to have the advantage of both Felts and then some, so I picked this one up Saturday. It is very fast and stiff, yet feels more stable than the AR. Components are Full Sram Red, Ritchey WCS Carbon cockpit, and Specialized Toupe saddle. I am currently demoing a set of 303 Firecrest clinchers to see if they will be a good replacement for my Easton EA90SLX and old ZIpp 404s. Oh yeah........it weighs 14.12 with pedals and heavy Zipp tires!
    Hey, another guy with his stem flipped up. At least I'm not the only one. Went from a CR1 to an Addict and either I have to adapt to a lower cockpit or the stem stays up.
    Scott Addict, Niner Jet 9, Cutter 801 CX
    Facebook, Blog, Amazon Author Page

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

Adding the Team Foil to the mix..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    My current dream bike is a Foil Premium. But, would gladly take the Team frame and just swap all my Red components over to it, Ritchey cockpit and my 303 FCs...would be a sweet ride!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    New Foil owner here...got the Foil 40 in white as the local shops do not have the Foil 20 in my size XS. Upgraded the components to the same specs as the 20, Ultegra groupset and Mavic cosmic wheels..pretty decent looking if I say so myself.

My overall feeling is that the bike is fast and stiff. Was riding a Scott speedster S40 so can definitely feel huge improvement in pedaling efficiency and power transfer. Not as comfy as the CR1 I admit, as a matter of fact was aching the first few rides due to being beaten up by the harsh ride. Changing to 700c x 25 tires have helped a lot though. A lot more plush now although the tires seem to have added a bit more rolling resistance.

Great bike overall, no regrets with the purchase.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Wife's wheels get here tomorrow for he FOIL, once i mount them i will post a pic of our rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

New Foil

Getting my new Yellow Foil today
    Upgraded shifter's and deraillers to 2012 Red. Gonna run some 303 tubulars.
    Underpromise.......... Overdeliver

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Talking

HIS & HERS CUSTOM 2012 FOIL 20 & CONTESSA

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    Changed my handlebar

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    HIS & HERS CUSTOM 2012 FOIL 20 & CONTESSA

Great looking bikes. Congrats.
    Although you need to flip and slam the stems!

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by william9092 View Post
    Great looking bikes. Congrats.
    Although you need to flip and slam the stems!
    LOL! we're still getting used to Road Bikes coming from an MTB background.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Review for scott foil 20 please. I am considering between scott foil 20 or focus izalco pro 3.0 for my first road bike. Any advices will be appreciated. Thanks.

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    Oh man thats a very hard choice. Both are such amazing bikes. We sell Scott and Focus at the shop I work at. I already had a Foil but we recently picked up Focus. I was gonna go with the Izalco Pro 3.0 because the price/part package was perfect. However I was soo happy with my Foil that I decided to get another Foil. Both bikes are light, stiff, however the aerodynamics of the Foil in my opinion edges a little bit over the Izalco.

My only advice is test ride them

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Thumbs up go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariolee View Post
    Review for scott foil 20 please. I am considering between scott foil 20 or focus izalco pro 3.0 for my first road bike. Any advices will be appreciated. Thanks.
    I love my FOIL. although I have done some upgrades on it like the EC90SL Wheels & Bars and a FSA Carbon Stem. The only 2 complains i had was the Stock Seat and the set back post that a 56cm bike comes with, I have a Zero offset post coming soon($190 later).

The Ultegra Group is Solid, the bike is super stiff & of course, PIMP looking.

I was between the FOIL & a Tarmac SL4 but wanted the VENGE.. The Big-S missed the mark by not making their AERO Bike affordable to the comon folk.

Anyhow, if you go with the FOIL 20, you will love it.

BTW, any FOIL owner out there with a Smaller than a 56cm Frame, i will have my setback post available for sale soon.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Thank you guys for the advices. I think i will go with foil 20.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    I am thinking to get one too.

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    They truly are amazing bikes. We sold 5 this week, 3 20's, 1 Contessa and 40.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    just ordered a Foil 30, it'll be here next week. i'm excited.

El Papi Chulo
    Nov 2009
    Benefits of working at a bike shop. Get to use the demo Zipp's whenever I want or when not in use.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast