Scott Foil - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 146 of 146

Thread: Scott Foil

  1. #126
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    104
    Just got this beauty yesterday for 40% off. The ride is amazing, better in every possible way over my Speedster 20.





  2. #127
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: mann2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    313
    ^ very nice!
    check my review page below!

    www.roadiemanila.bike

  3. #128
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4
    My new Foil 20. It's my first Scott...love the handling.

    photo-39.jpg

  4. #129
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: mann2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    313
    Congrats! This looks slick!
    check my review page below!

    www.roadiemanila.bike

  5. #130
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    181

    New 2014 Foils are out!

    I'm looking at getting a Foil HMX frameset. I need mechanical routing so it'll have to be the Team Issue. Just noticed that the 2014 models are out. Can't decide whether I prefer the 2013 or 2014 designs (I'm assuming that the frames are otherwise identical...

    2014 Scott Foil Team Issue Frameset
    234623_65370_tif_zoom_2.jpg
    2014 Full Bike
    234064_65520_tif_zoom_1.jpg

    2013 Scott Foil Team Issue Frameset
    227970_40366_tif_zoom_4.jpg
    2013 Full Bike
    227756_36889_tif_zoom_3.jpg

    You would think that at this time of year it would be a non-issue because there would be lots of cheap deals on the 2013 frames, but I can't find any (the only frames on sale seem to be the Di2 versions..)

  6. #131
    δanned
    Reputation: SauronHimself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,924
    My Foil 15 rebuilt with a Fizik Arione saddle and November Rail 52 wheels.


  7. #132
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49
    I have a chance to pick up a Scott Foil 15 or 20 on a pretty good end of year price. I will not get a lot (if any) time in the saddle on this bike though. So I was wondering what people thought in terms of ride quality and handling. I hear it is a 'stiff' ride, but is it any stiffer than other race bikes (such as a Cannondale Supersix)? Also, how is the power transfer and is there any flex out of the saddle?

    I understand this is Scott's aero bike, but from reading reviews it seems more of an Aero all-rounder as opposed to a strict Aero race bike (like the Cervelo S2 etc). WIth that being said, how does the bike handle the curves and how does it climb?

    If it matters I am 6'4 and 200lbs. I will be using the bike for training rides (60 - 130 kms) as well as some road racing, time trials and Duathlons.

    Also if anyone has any pics of the Foil in a size XXL/61 that would be great (I want to see what the bike looks like in this size).

  8. #133
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: mann2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillax View Post
    I have a chance to pick up a Scott Foil 15 or 20 on a pretty good end of year price. I will not get a lot (if any) time in the saddle on this bike though. So I was wondering what people thought in terms of ride quality and handling. I hear it is a 'stiff' ride, but is it any stiffer than other race bikes (such as a Cannondale Supersix)? Also, how is the power transfer and is there any flex out of the saddle?

    I understand this is Scott's aero bike, but from reading reviews it seems more of an Aero all-rounder as opposed to a strict Aero race bike (like the Cervelo S2 etc). WIth that being said, how does the bike handle the curves and how does it climb?

    If it matters I am 6'4 and 200lbs. I will be using the bike for training rides (60 - 130 kms) as well as some road racing, time trials and Duathlons.

    Also if anyone has any pics of the Foil in a size XXL/61 that would be great (I want to see what the bike looks like in this size).
    If you pause one moment and forget the Foil's aero features, it climbs and sprints like a proper race bike. Very minimal flex.
    check my review page below!

    www.roadiemanila.bike

  9. #134
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    does anyone know is there any performance improvement between 2013 and 2014 foil and addict?

  10. #135
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
    does anyone know is there any performance improvement between 2013 and 2014 foil and addict?
    There wasn't an Addict in 2013 (other than a cyclocross version), the 2014 version is a completely new model, significantly different to the original Addict, which was discontinued when the Foil was introduced in 2011.

    The 2014 Foils on the other hand appear to be functionally identical to the 2013 versions, they just have new paint schemes (white on the sides/bottom of the downtube and forks and variously coloured highlights on the top of the downtube, seatstays and chainstays according to the model). I haven't checked the full specs of all of the models, but for the Team Issue at least the spec is identical except that the bars and stem are syncros on the 2014 version and Ritchey on the 2013 one.

    You can bet that if there had been any updates to the frame other than the paint schemes, Scott would have advertised it. I just bought a Team Issue Foil frameset and went for the 2013 version mainly because the white paint on the underside of the downtube and forks on the 2014 model would have been more difficult to keep clean-looking. The 2014 team issue paint scheme is a bit weird with yellow or yellow/green highlights on the downtube and seatstays and bright blue on the chainstays. I guess this is what Orica Greenedge will be riding next season? I wonder what the IAM version will look like.

  11. #136
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by smoo View Post
    There wasn't an Addict in 2013 (other than a cyclocross version), the 2014 version is a completely new model, significantly different to the original Addict, which was discontinued when the Foil was introduced in 2011.

    The 2014 Foils on the other hand appear to be functionally identical to the 2013 versions, they just have new paint schemes (white on the sides/bottom of the downtube and forks and variously coloured highlights on the top of the downtube, seatstays and chainstays according to the model). I haven't checked the full specs of all of the models, but for the Team Issue at least the spec is identical except that the bars and stem are syncros on the 2014 version and Ritchey on the 2013 one.

    You can bet that if there had been any updates to the frame other than the paint schemes, Scott would have advertised it. I just bought a Team Issue Foil frameset and went for the 2013 version mainly because the white paint on the underside of the downtube and forks on the 2014 model would have been more difficult to keep clean-looking. The 2014 team issue paint scheme is a bit weird with yellow or yellow/green highlights on the downtube and seatstays and bright blue on the chainstays. I guess this is what Orica Greenedge will be riding next season? I wonder what the IAM version will look like.
    thanks for the info. now i need to look for 2013 foil team issue frame to build
    do any bike shop sell it online?

  12. #137
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    333
    Has anyone experienced stress cracks in the paint/clear coat on their Foils? Specifically, the entire area above rear brake caliper.

  13. #138
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    112
    Here's my new Scott Foil 10.Foil 1.jpgFoil 2.jpgFoil 3.jpgFoil 4.jpg

  14. #139
    Crank Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,943
    Stopped by my friends house the other day and photographed his Scott Foil 30... such a nice bike.


  15. #140
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Stopped by my friends house the other day and photographed his Scott Foil 30... such a nice bike.

    I have the same bike bought it at the of Sept and didn't get a chance to ride it yet... but I will be an about 4 months time

  16. #141
    Slightly Opinionated
    Reputation: robdamanii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10,230
    Ok, I'll play now that my race machine is a Foil...



    Attachment 302870
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.


    The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

  17. #142
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9
    Here's mine. (yes, I know the tires aren't aligned with the valve stems)

    Attachment 304225

  18. #143
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: PBL450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,134
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecoupe View Post
    Here's mine. (yes, I know the tires aren't aligned with the valve stems)

    Attachment 304225
    Any chance you can post that pic? I can't open it and I'd love to see it!!
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

  19. #144
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9
    OI000588.jpg

    Hope this works now

  20. #145
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: PBL450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,134
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecoupe View Post
    OI000588.jpg

    Hope this works now
    That worked! And that is a beautiful Bike!!!!! Thanks!!
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

  21. #146
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    36
    My 2015 Foil 10
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.