Speedsters and Addicts and CR1s...oh my! - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali88 View Post
    Well, price point is of concern, and from what I've read, the s30 is also a more upright position. I can get one for $1100. What's the msrp on a cr1?

Thank you!
    I have the S30; although I paid $1100 for it at REI last April, it seemed like it was on sale at REI not 6 weeks later for $800? I love the bike, high quality component set for the price and very fast. However I would not call it an upright position. In fact, I had to swap out the stem for something shorter and more upright. Every bike shop I talked to about my riding discomfort mentioned how Scott puts the aggressive ride position and very flat stems on their bikes. I also had to swap out the seat for something more comfortable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker190 View Post
    I have the S30; although I paid $1100 for it at REI last April, it seemed like it was on sale at REI not 6 weeks later for $800? I love the bike, high quality component set for the price and very fast. However I would not call it an upright position. In fact, I had to swap out the stem for something shorter and more upright. Every bike shop I talked to about my riding discomfort mentioned how Scott puts the aggressive ride position and very flat stems on their bikes. I also had to swap out the seat for something more comfortable.
    Thanks for the great feedback. Yeah, I figured I'd be swapping out the seat anyways. The one provide looks horrible for long comfortable rides. Didn't know about the riding stance. That helps. I won't get out to the dealer til Tuesday, so if 2012 that's on clearance is stilll there I'll try it out. If not, it wasn't meant for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

Speedsters and Addicts and CR1s...oh my!

It obviously was not properly measured. The 'reach' should be measured too. A bad setup will create discomfort.

Most wise thing is to replace the seat. I use the Specialized Romin Expert. Measure your seat bones to know the correct size.

The alloy bikes are stiffer rides, I found the carbon more compliant on taking up road noise.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    Got your message but can't reply privately, it seems.

Your story is similar and your info great.

I lost dad last June to alzheimers and skin cancer that internalized.

At any rate, the ride is for a hospital here in Toronto that does great cancer research, and if you're interested, I'll post my link below.

There's not much yet because I just started it up.

Be well,
    Dom

I can't post a link, apparently, because i don't have enough posts, so I'll try as un-cryptically as a can.

www dot conquercancer dot ca/goto/dominick.ali2013

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    my cr1 pro. scott cr1 pro 009.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

Speedsters and Addicts and CR1s...oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by soshea View Post
    Nice enjoy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    thank you,wallstreet

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910