taking the Scott plunge
    Domestic Drivin' E-Thug
    Aug 2002

Talking taking the Scott plunge

In an unforeseen turn of events, our team will be switching sponsorship from Cannondale to Scott next year. I know the Cannondale reputation, but I've still never been a huge fan. I am beyond stoked, however, to have Scott as a sponsor.

This week I will be pre-ordering the new Scott Addict Premium Disc. I have owned a carbon Diverge 1x since last October, and I have loved the advantage which hydraulic discs have afforded me, but I have always thought, "If only this bike were several pounds lighter and as responsive as my road bike."

I thought about many of the other models, but this seems like the best everyday driver possible.

I had even contemplated a Solace for awhile. For anyone who owns the Solace, do you use it as your everyday ride? What have been your impressions?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Human G-Nome View Post
    In an unforeseen turn of events, our team will be switching sponsorship from Cannondale to Scott next year. I know the Cannondale reputation, but I've still never been a huge fan. I am beyond stoked, however, to have Scott as a sponsor.

This week I will be pre-ordering the new Scott Addict Premium Disc. I have owned a carbon Diverge 1x since last October, and I have loved the advantage which hydraulic discs have afforded me, but I have always thought, "If only this bike were several pounds lighter and as responsive as my road bike."

I thought about many of the other models, but this seems like the best everyday driver possible.

I had even contemplated a Solace for awhile. For anyone who owns the Solace, do you use it as your everyday ride? What have been your impressions?
    Everyday ride since 2014. Love the bike, even got my wife a Solace women's. Mine is a Solace 10 with Dura ace mechanical with the syncros carbon clincher wheelset. i would just love the new Di disc version, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. My other favorite Scott is the new Foil.

In a nutshell its the most comfortable and responsive bike I've been on, but my experience with other bikes is pretty limited having only owned a couple of Felts and a Scott Speedster over the past 10 years.

Domestic Drivin' E-Thug
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dray3573 View Post
    Everyday ride since 2014. Love the bike, even got my wife a Solace women's. Mine is a Solace 10 with Dura ace mechanical with the syncros carbon clincher wheelset. i would just love the new Di disc version, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. My other favorite Scott is the new Foil.

In a nutshell its the most comfortable and responsive bike I've been on, but my experience with other bikes is pretty limited having only owned a couple of Felts and a Scott Speedster over the past 10 years.
    Man, can't wait! ...but I'll have to. The model I want won't be available until March.

Talks too much, that is..
    May 2014
    I ride a 2015 Solace as my primary ride. I commute on it unless the weather is such that I want to keep it from getting too mucked up. It is a Solace 30 frameset that I replaced the entire groupset on with an Di2 Ultegra from PBK for 1/2 off. As I got the bike for $1500 and the groupset for $1050, I wound up with a premium bike for a great price. And, as I have no interest in going to discs, I actually got the bike I wanted.

Great bike. I will point out that you may want to be careful about how you set it up, since the nominal configuration is quite upright. I ride my other bike with all the spacers and the stem up, but on the Solace that feels something like a comfort bike. I don't slam it down all the way, but close. (I'm 53 by the way, so slamming the stem isn't happening.)