Meivice

Thread: Meivice

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003

Meivice

Truely, I haven't seen anything that has made me laugh like this in a while. Where's the inovation? What makes this thing worth $1000 not to mention what they're asking for it. Serotta needs to take a step back. American inovation went out the door, well overseas, with the last major manufacturer Cannondale. I don't think American companies can afford the design engineering teams anymore to keep up with Tiawan and other countries. What makes these small boutique assemblers think they can come out with bikes worth $18,000?????? This bike doesn't even look that good. Got to hand it to them though, they did install a bunch of bling components on the bike, not really any practical worth. I guess someone who really doesn't know bikes will buy it though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007

do you own a Serotta?

or are you just trolling? Have you ever riden one?
    Quote Originally Posted by MRFIXALL4
    Truely, I haven't seen anything that has made me laugh like this in a while. Where's the inovation? What makes this thing worth $1000 not to mention what they're asking for it. Serotta needs to take a step back. American inovation went out the door, well overseas, with the last major manufacturer Cannondale. I don't think American companies can afford the design engineering teams anymore to keep up with Tiawan and other countries. What makes these small boutique assemblers think they can come out with bikes worth $18,000?????? This bike doesn't even look that good. Got to hand it to them though, they did install a bunch of bling components on the bike, not really any practical worth. I guess someone who really doesn't know bikes will buy it though.

Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrjensen
    or are you just trolling? Have you ever riden one?
    Why ask a question you know the answer too?

To the OP. As for the USA and bike manufacturing, you will not a bike anywhere in the world better then Parlee, Crumpton, Serotta, Vanilla, etc.. Get a clue and a better job. Maybe one day you can afford one and find out first hand.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003
    This thread isn't about me Fool. Serrota is no better than Merlin if you're referring to ride characteristics. I mention Merlin because I had one, and didn't like it either, in fact Ti sucks as a frame material. You can't beat European made bikes for ride quality. When I read the Tech reviews in PEZ all I saw was a bike made with 1990's technology. Why pay more for that? As for being able to afford one, I am an executive, I could afford one if I was stupid enough. This is clearly a bike made for the Holywood mentality.

E Plurbus Elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by MRFIXALL4
    I am an executive....
    I don't know why anyone would be an executive when you can be a Chief Executive. Woo woo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    .and the Eddy Merckx you are riding is cutting edge bike tech?

Race

Frame Material: Easton Race 7000 w/carbon seat stays
    Fork Material: Carbon Monocoque
    Headset Size: 1 1/8'' Hiddenset
    Standard Sizes: Even sizes 48-62 cm, plus 53, 55, 57

Not even a fan of the MEIVICI but I know what I would choose.
    Last edited by ewitz; 09-01-2009 at 03:35 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007

it was, of course

a retorical question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicSteel71
    Why ask a question you know the answer too?

To the OP. As for the USA and bike manufacturing, you will not a bike anywhere in the world better then Parlee, Crumpton, Serotta, Vanilla, etc.. Get a clue and a better job. Maybe one day you can afford one and find out first hand.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

Dear Mr. FIXALL4

If you happen to have people under your management at the "company" you are "executive" of, they will now know who they are dealing with.

You first start this thread posting why anyone would pay so much for this post-dated, plain looking Meivici frame (and you spelled Meivici wrong,... you should have your secretary proof your posts so you can at least appear like an executive...) Then you say that Serotta's Ti suck just like Merlin's Ti frame, and all Ti sucks. I will prospect that this Ti is not your material because you hoped that the Ti bike would provide you with soft, light ride and somehow have a stiff BB. Besides, it wasn't made for you. It is a generic build spec. If you made one custom, they might be able to use a tube-set that works better for your needs. My Moots still loads in the BBAs Ben Franklin alludes, experience is an expensive way to learn. So, you learned you can't drag race competitively using a sup'ed up Audi 5000S. BUT, to the point, what does your failed Ti experience have to do with the Meivici, a carbon frame?

The Meivici is a lovely riding bike and beat's out my custom Pegoretti Marcelo, as it matches the Marcelo in all departments, but beats it in vertical compliance, weight, and acceleration. If you take the time to see what Serotta does to build a Meivici, the technology and precision used, and how it translates to providing a custom tuned ride, you will understand what it is all about. Is it worth $9000 for the custom SE? That is for the customer with $9000 to determine. And, if you are a wise shopper, you will find you don't always have to pay MSRP. A good executive knows this.

As for your comment "...you can't beat European frame quality...", I can agree with you somewhat. I think Look, Pegoretti, and Colnago top my list as some of the best coming from Europe. But, most of the monocoque frames from any country (the cool looking ones) are dead and hollow feeling (unlike the Meivici), stiff vertically as much as laterally, because to get a bike to not flex laterally, you are going to have to make it not flex along the entire frame and fork, ending up with a ride that will numb your on the long haul (the Meivici focuses on transferring power to the rear wheel efficiently, and uses a tuned fork and seat stays, with ball bearings at the seat stay - rear dropout junction to allow the stays to flex fore and aft, as opposed to all other bikes that flex laterally, or not at all.) There is much more technology involved, more than any European manufacturer is putting into their frames and forks. The Pinarello Prince is a gorgeous LOOKING frame, but rides like a carbon wrapped, hollowed out 2x10. The Orbea Orca is one of the better monocoque frames from Europe, but the TT is so thin that one lay-down and it's over for the frame. The Serotta Meivici has proven to withstand impact.

What do you mean by "Holywood mentality". Those who are Christ-like? Kind, compassionate, non-judging.... OOOOoooh, you must me HOLLYWOOD! Well, of the people in Hollywood that I know who ride bikes, you would be right that an intellectual would likely find that the Meivici sets a benchmark in high quality ride characteristics without compromise. As an executive, you would likely know what quality is, right? So, you could likely also understand why some of us find your remarks very off-base.

Cheers,

Manifestor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Whoever this kid troll is, he totally hooked you.

Where is Tiawan?

Whoa, old post. This forum is dead!