New Heritage Collection models
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

New Heritage Collection models

Check out the new standard geometry Heritage Collection just announced by Serotta. Steel and titanium road, cross, and fixie made with Tour geometries and emphasis on value and old school classic design and materials.

Sep 2008
    What does Serotta consider "value"? I'm only asking because I happened to be browsing various websites and one was theirs and i saw that they make a carbon frameset which they want $8995 for and carbon is not even their expertise? Someone actually bought one of those? Just wondering.
    Support China: Shop at Walmart

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance#8in09
    What does Serotta consider "value"? I'm only asking because I happened to be browsing various websites and one was theirs and i saw that they make a carbon frameset which they want $8995 for and carbon is not even their expertise? Someone actually bought one of those? Just wondering.
    The only manufacturers that I know of that control the carbon manufacturing process are Giant, and Serotta. But it's not their expertise??

http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-tr...4149621-1.html

Beyond that, Serotta's value lines are their stock models, not the top end carbon frame that you're talking about. Manufacturers flagship models are seldom known for high value - it's the law of diminishing returns.

Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ352
    The only manufacturers that I know of that control the carbon manufacturing process are Giant, and Serotta. But it's not their expertise??

http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-tr...4149621-1.html

Beyond that, Serotta's value lines are their stock models, not the top end carbon frame that you're talking about. Manufacturers flagship models are seldom known for high value - it's the law of diminishing returns.

Ummmm, buying a facility does not give one expertise in something! This is a company which until a few years ago was a ti/steel frame builder, and yes, there are loads of companies out there who have worlds more experience building carbon fiber bikes than Serotta. A few that come to mind:

Giant
    Look
    Trek
    Calfee
    Cervelo
    Kestrel
    Colnago
    Specialized
    Time
    Parlee

etc...

Sorry, but Serottas proven expertise certainly is NOT carbon fiber. They may be good at it, but it still does nothing to explain their silly prices. Almost 9K for a frameset? That's double what Parlee and Crumpton charge for a custom frameset. Sorry, but that's nutty. More than double Looks top of the line 595 frameset from a company who has worlds more experience in CF manufacturing than Serotta? Insane
    Support China: Shop at Walmart

Cycling induced anoesis
    Ummmm, buying a facility does not give one expertise in something! This is a company which until a few years ago was a ti/steel frame builder, and yes, there are loads of companies out there who have worlds more experience building carbon fiber bikes than Serotta. A few that come to mind:

Giant
    Look
    Trek
    Calfee
    Cervelo
    Kestrel
    Colnago
    Specialized
    Time
    Parlee

etc...

Sorry, but Serottas proven expertise certainly is NOT carbon fiber. They may be good at it, but it still does nothing to explain their silly prices. Almost 9K for a frameset? That's double what Parlee and Crumpton charge for a custom frameset. Sorry, but that's nutty. More than double Looks top of the line 595 frameset from a company who has worlds more experience in CF manufacturing than Serotta? Insane
    You mean the LOOK frameset that had numerous problems with cracks at the seat tube and paint problems? That frameset?

Everyone has an opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours, but Serotta didn't just buy a facility. It bought the facility (in part) to control the carbon manufacturing process . Again, something that to my knowledge only Giant does.

I find it amusing that you list several highly regarded manufacturers under the premise that with experience comes expertise when, in fact, almost every manufacturer you list has their bikes manufactured in one of three or four Taiwanese/ Chinese plants.

http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

Of course, they're made to 'specs', but IMO, those specs differ marginally from any other bike on your list, and have been formulated as much by the bikes manufacturer as the name that ends up on the downtube. Besides, if your criteria for rating expertise is how long someone's been in the business, I'd think you'd be chasing after an ADK, Top Key, Martec, Ideal or Merida among others. They've been making bikes for lots of companies (some of which you list) for eons. But in a way, I guess you are!

As far as the cost of any Serotta models, I'm not defending their pricing. If you don't think they're worth it, don't buy them. Buy one of your highly regarded foreign built bikes and tell yourself that they're cheaper and better than Serotta's. After all, having the user name you do you must know, it's not about the bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    You are not wondering. You are wandering and obviously lost. You are also opinionated and clueless. Go troll somewhere else.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Check out the new standard geometry Heritage Collection just announced by Serotta

Linky? I just checked the Serotta site and didn't see anything.

Thanks!

Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by aptivaboy
    Check out the new standard geometry Heritage Collection just announced by Serotta

Linky? I just checked the Serotta site and didn't see anything.

Thanks!
    The original post is over 2 years old!
    Trying to cram the rest of my life into the rest of my life!