What should I sell my Serotta Legend Ti ST for?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012

What should I sell my Serotta Legend Ti ST for?

Can anyone help me price my Legend Ti St - having a hard time finding a comparable bike out there. I have it listed on Ebay right now - do a search on it for Serotta Legend Ti St and it will come up. It's red and white with silver.

Here are some specs:
    In 2004, it would have retailed for $8,700 if you included the frame, fork, paint, dura-ace gruppo.
    Actual Top tube C to C 52.5cms
    Seat tube length 52cms (level)
    Stand over height 75.5cms
    Stem reach 8 cms
    Serotta O2 Carbon Fork
    Chris King 1 1/8" silver Headset
    Dura-Ace 7800 10spd Grouppo: rear derailleur, cranks (170mms), STI ergo brake levers, calipers, chain
    Ritchey WCS seat post
    Ritchey Pro Stem
    Vetta wired computer
    Terry Butterfly Seat
    Fulcrum Racing 1 Wheels -- 700c Silver
    SPD pedals

But i am not sure if I should sell it as a complete bike or take it apart and sell it separately. Thoughts? Thank you much!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I think you can get $2400 for it.
    However, because your frame is a size 52cm, it's smaller than average (54-56cm), you will need to wait for a smaller buyer to come along.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012

Sell a Legend Ti with or without gruppo

Yeah I have it listed with the gruppo, wheels, etc but it seems like those sold individually would be better. I know equipment is a personal choice as well and it's hard to say what my buyer will like. I am a smaller rider so the 52cms will require the right buyer to see it as well, good point!

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    you'll make more money selling it in pieces. more of a pain but it works. sell at the beginning of summer, use a 10 day run ending on sunday afternoon. Take good photos with a camera not a phone, clean the bike and components before photo taking. find a comparable priced Ti frame set your cost below it.. should be able to recover 75%-90% of retail cost.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    you'll make more money selling it in pieces. should be able to recover 75%-90% of retail cost.
    highly doubtful you could part out an 8-year old bike and recover 90% of the stated $8700 retail price...that's $7830.

you can buy a new custom bike for that amount.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Ill would think you could get more parting it out but thats way more work. Maybe sell it as a complete bike and take like a 500 dollar loss.