2010 Axiom SL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Axiom SL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Trinch, sorry to hear about your frame. On the Elium you're considering, I don't know if you used your Axiom on a trainer, but Seven specifically states the Elium should not be used on a fixed trainer. Just something to keep in mind. Hope you can quickly find a replacement that makes you happy.
    It'll feel better when it stops hurting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Seven specifically states the Elium should not be used on a fixed trainer.

Is this true? Did they say why they recommend not using the Elium on a trainer? Where did you see this - website, brochure, other? Just curious because I have a 2005 Elium SG that is currently my 3rd bike and not seeing much use, so I was thinking of using it on a trainer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kokopelli Racing

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Yangpei View Post
    Is this true? Did they say why they recommend not using the Elium on a trainer? Where did you see this - website, brochure, other? Just curious because I have a 2005 Elium SG that is currently my 3rd bike and not seeing much use, so I was thinking of using it on a trainer.
    It voids the warranty:

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Cycles
    The entire Diamas and Elium model lines are optimized for normal road riding conditions, and not designed for fixed stationary trainers. Use of a stationary trainer with any clamping mechanism will void the frame’s warranty.
    Seven Cycles | Warranty
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Formosan Cyclocross
    The Warranty card lists the Elium, Axiom SLX and Diamas SLX as models which should not be used on a trainer at risk of voiding the warranty.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi 4ster - just curious, what did you end up doing with the steering tube? I recently took delivery on my Axiom S, and the steering tube setup is almost exactly the same, intended for final fit dialing in. How long did you take? I'd like to get mine trimmed, but don't want to rush it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    kmak, I rode it that way for a couple of weeks before we trimmed the steerer tube. I made sure I was comfortable with it before it got trimmed, so you're smart to not want to rush it. Saw your new Axiom in another post. Looks nice!
    It'll feel better when it stops hurting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    i have exactly the same situation with the steerer tube..I havent cut mine in 2 years.. I think I might need that extra height in case of back pain..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12