Axiom SL Di2/EPS factory retrofit
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011

Axiom SL Di2/EPS factory retrofit

Hi,
    I asked my LBS about retrofitting my Axiom for Di2, and it's $1000 when done by Seven. There are several mods, including some strengthening procedures that are performed around the drilled holes. Optionally, they can remove the barrel adjusters, but this also requires getting it painted to cover up this repair. (an additional $400 for basic paint job.)

Question is, has anyone done this and are they happy with the results? I'd like to get others opinion before dropping $1400+ for a frame retrofit.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mgringle View Post
    Hi,
    I asked my LBS about retrofitting my Axiom for Di2, and it's $1000 when done by Seven. There are several mods, including some strengthening procedures that are performed around the drilled holes. Optionally, they can remove the barrel adjusters, but this also requires getting it painted to cover up this repair. (an additional $400 for basic paint job.)

Question is, has anyone done this and are they happy with the results? I'd like to get others opinion before dropping $1400+ for a frame retrofit.

Thanks!
    Saw this the other day. Seven is certainly a good outfit to work with previous buyers in this way. This makes seven truly a bike for a life-time. While , I'm clearly biased in favor of mechanical, do have to ask in light of the substantial cost of upgrade, 'why and what do you hope to gain?'. Your great bike will not get any better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_5200 View Post
    While , I'm clearly biased in favor of mechanical, do have to ask in light of the substantial cost of upgrade, 'why and what do you hope to gain?'. Your great bike will not get any better.
    I respect your opinion regarding electronic not being better than Di2/EPS, I just happen to disagree. I really wasn't trying to make this thread about what is better, I was more interested in hearing about anyone's experience or thoughts on converting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    if your bike is painted it will require repaint when you do the di2 holes. seven drills a hole in the tubing then welds a reinforcing ring around it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    sounds like the perfect opportunity to just go ahead and order a new frame, the incremental cost is worth it. :-)