Fit for a big guy?

Jan 2005

Fit for a big guy?

I'm looking into Seven for a custom built bike. I am 6'10" (I know, but basketball was never my thing...) and weigh about 205. Do you guys think a Seven frame would hold my weight and fit my height well?

Basically, is this something Seven can succeed at?

May 2004

Call Seven

Your weight is a non-issue. 205 is no problem. 6' 10", I'm sure would be a problem for a good "off the rack" bike fit, but I think Seven could build it as well as anyone. Give them a call at 1-617-923-7774 and they will honestly answer that question for you.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Jason

lyleseven
    Nov 2002

they will custom it for your heigth

and you could go with an Alaris (straight tube) for best results, or possibly an Axiom. For your heigth, ask them which would be best. You can get the bottom end built up extra stiff to accommodate the size of your frame.

Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Live Long Rides
    I'm looking into Seven for a custom built bike. I am 6'10" (I know, but basketball was never my thing...) and weigh about 205. Do you guys think a Seven frame would hold my weight and fit my height well?

Basically, is this something Seven can succeed at?
    First off, I wish I were as thin as you! I am 6'5" (but 250lbs) and have a custom Alaris SG. I love it, and it rides fantastic. Your weight is definitely not an issue, as I had them build mine up to have a stiff, Cannondale like bottom bracket. I can't move it. It is that solid. I was able to visit their shop and I was very impressed. I highly recommend you call them.

I have seen that Waterman and Zinn have both built up very large frame bikes. I checked them out before I settled on the Seven.

Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005

Chosing Seven is s good move

Quote Originally Posted by cthomas
    First off, I wish I were as thin as you! I am 6'5" (but 250lbs) and have a custom Alaris SG. I love it, and it rides fantastic. Your weight is definitely not an issue, as I had them build mine up to have a stiff, Cannondale like bottom bracket. I can't move it. It is that solid. I was able to visit their shop and I was very impressed. I highly recommend you call them.

I have seen that Waterman and Zinn have both built up very large frame bikes. I checked them out before I settled on the Seven.

Good luck.
    I'm 6'9", 235lbs, and will probably end up getting an Alaris SG too. I looked at the frames from Zinn but I couldn't get over the aesthetics of how the frame looked. If something doesn't look good to my eye, I won't use it.

I called Seven yesterday and spoke with somebody for about 10 minutes detailing out what I was looking for in a bike. They answered all my questions with the answers I was hoping to hear...I'll soon be putting in an order.

Oct 2003

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanley
    I'm 6'9", 235lbs, and will probably end up getting an Alaris SG too. I looked at the frames from Zinn but I couldn't get over the aesthetics of how the frame looked. If something doesn't look good to my eye, I won't use it.

I called Seven yesterday and spoke with somebody for about 10 minutes detailing out what I was looking for in a bike. They answered all my questions with the answers I was hoping to hear...I'll soon be putting in an order.
    I can certainly vouch for the looks of the Seven, even in a big frame. I had two different people stop and oogle my bike on the group ride today. Definitely looks like a million bucks!
    So, if I understand this, I am a Clydesdale Fred who is a borderline poser? I thought I was just slow!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Check out my buddy's Seven

He's 6'10" and weighs 250. He's a good rider and has enjoyed his custom Seven. Here's a link to his blog and photos of his bike:

http://www.truerwords.net/3864