Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

help

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PsyDoc 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
I need your help.
Actually I ride a Cannondale CAAD 7, size 58.
My height : 6,2 (1m86)
Weight : around 160 lbs ( 70-75 kgs)
Ride : 150 KMS an more ( 100 miles and more) )
I am looking for a new bike, I first thought was ... TITANIUM, but some LBS told me that with my size this could be the best choice.
I am an agresive rider. I like my CAAD it's pretty nervous, but a little bit more of confort could be great.
I tried CArbon frame and It looks too much rigid for me, I don't like the feeling of riding a concrete beam.
So anyone help in my choice good be great from titanium riders.

Thanks a lot and good ride.
Stef

#2 ·
Most...

Most good framebuilders will be able to build you a frame that you will be quite happy riding, regardless of the material. Seven can build you a frame that is as stiff (or stiffer) as your CAAD7. A less expensive solution would be to make your CAAD7 more comfortable with wheels that might be less stiff than the ones you are currently using. You can have a bike that is so stiff that ridng it for more than 1-2 hours is painful. I remember testing a Litespeed Palmares...stiffest frame/bike I have ever ridden. After 5 miles on not so smooth roads, I had enough. I felt like I had been been riding my dirt bike all day long wthout a kidney belt.

I knew what I wanted in a titanium bike from riding a Merlin Extralight for 9 years and Seven built exactly what I wanted. I looked at other builders, such as Litespeed, Serotta, Moots, Independent Fabrication (IF), and even Merlin. For me, the product that Seven was turning out was what I wanted. For example, I do not like the 3-D dropouts that many builders are using or buiders who state that pretty, uniform welds do not indicate anything when they cannot produce such welds. For example, two Serotta Legend's that I held in my hands back in 2001 when I was shopping for a builder had excess weldament around the rear dropouts that made it look like the dropouts were "crying." To me, such inattention to detail in a $2500+ frame is unexcusable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.