My Other Seven.... the Treeline
    Parlee fan!

My Other Seven.... the Treeline

Hi All!

In my mind, there's one company that continues to produce fantastic custom TI bikes and this is my go-to choice. Seven. I've had my Seven Axiom for about 7 years. It's been through two groupsets and thousands of miles and it still performs like a the day it was created. It's my defacto bad weather bike.

So, late January, I ordered their latest offering for winter riding. The Treeline. I worked with Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA to acquire the Treeline. Since I'm a roadie and the main purpose is to ride this in the snow and bad weather, the custom build was tailored to my riding style. The objective wasn't to get a fat bike but a bad-weather bike 2.0. Though the Evergreen looked like it was a good choice, it was very similar to my CX bike. The Treeline made sense as I can go out during New England winters and not be bothered with packed snow.

So, here it is... a full custom Treeline. Seven and RSC wowed me and delivered in less than 3 weeks. Yes, it looks strange with drop bars but it fits my unique need for this bike.

Ride safely,

Joe

treeline2.jpgtreeline1.jpg
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    It doesn't look strange with drop bars. John Tomac was famous for racing a mountain bike with drop bars. If I had money to burn I'd try this configuration in a heartbeat.

I wonder whether the front end geometry has to change to consider the influence of the high mass of the front wheel. Surely it must change how the bike steers.

Parlee fan!
    Hi Peter! You're correct steering is indeed interesting so to speak. It feels like the bike just wants to go on a straight line. It takes a little bit of upper body coordination to steer. The tires are massive. Coming from a roadbike, you could easily notice the difference. The bike is a joy to ride.
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!