My Seven Alta just arrived!
    RoadBikeReview Member

My Seven Alta just arrived!

Don't remember the exact date that my custom specs were sent in, but it took less time than was projected . It was cool tracking the progress on the Seven website. Dealer just got it, and now waiting for my fork to show up. I'll be building it up with DA10 from my last ride, a Lemond Zurich, 853 version.

It's a small frame with relatively long top tube, as I'm longer torso than legs. Works out to about the same size as a 53cm" Zurich, but shorter seat tube. Weight with bubble wrap is 2 pounds 8 ounces.

Once the fork is in, I'll be spending a few hours with the shop and we'll build/size it up at the same time. Can't wait

Mark

RoadBikeReview Member
    Spent a very rainy Socal today building the bike up at the shop. Put the new '05 Easton SLX fork on ($100 rebate going on now), all DA10 parts, Open Pro wheels. Weight tipped the scale at 16 pounds 10 ounces. I'll call it 16 1/2...that extra water bottle cage weights quite a bit

Got home, and the rain amazingly stopped enough to sneak in a quick ride. Got in about 25 miles before dark, and did get hit with quite a bit of rain while out. A good deal of varied terrain and the bike felt great, smoother ride than the Zurich without a question, much quicker handling that will take some getting used to, and it actually goes up hill without pedaling . Hard to say that a couple pounds make much difference climbing, but the bike felt solid and pulled a gear higher than I would usually run without feeling flex at all. Very good pedal feedback, and the bike felt solid when I would stand up over crests of hills.

I'll need a really long ride to tell if the changes in specs with the custom build are spot on, but considering that I hopped on the bike the minute I got home with no adjustment, the fit feels spot on. Comfortable in the drops, on the hoods and didn't need to keep shifting my weight around like I did on the Zurich. Not a knock on the Zurich....it just wasn't the right size for me, and no off the shelf bike will fit me properly.

So after many nervous weeks wondering if it was worth the time, effort and $'s, I'm very pleased with the results. And the frame has lots of details that I didn't see in the catalog that are really impressive. The steerer badge, etching in the drop-outs, perfect welds. Very beautiful job. Thanks to Seven and my very detailed shop for getting it right.

Mark

GIMME MY BIKE!
    Awesome!

I hope mine comes back as nicely done as yours. Final spec is being sent in today!

Post a picture when you get a chance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Let's see if I can get some pic's up here. I'm no photographer.....

Mark

GIMME MY BIKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark16q
    Let's see if I can get some pic's up here. I'm no photographer.....

Mark
    Nice! I like the white myself. I'm going with a custom paint job -- black lettering, pure white fork, headtube, and 3/4 of the way down the top tube and head tube. The rest bare Ti. I went with Mavic Open Pro's, too. I bought the pink Chris King headset and hubs. The wheels are done and look AWESOME! My team color is pink...

I can't wait to post some of my own pictures (and get a ride in on my new Seven, too!).

ETA is mid to late March, just in time for the first race of the season.