Seven painting options

Aug 2004

Seven painting options

Does anybody know how the standard paint options work for Seven's Axiom steel bikes? Is the standard a solid one color coating, or two colors, with panels, w/o panels, etc.

What is the standard and around how much more does it cost to do a custom paint scheme...or say for example, how much for the race scheme?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrs2088
    Does anybody know how the standard paint options work for Seven's Axiom steel bikes? Is the standard a solid one color coating, or two colors, with panels, w/o panels, etc.

What is the standard and around how much more does it cost to do a custom paint scheme...or say for example, how much for the race scheme?
    Standard is one color with decals or panels. The custom paint is expensive...upwards of $500-800. There are third-party painters that would do it for half that.
    You're not as smart as you think I am. Now just think about that for a minute.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is the standard paint available for the Axiom Ti frame ?? or would one have to go custom? I'm thinking of getting one color with just the TT, DT and part of the ST and rear stays painted, leaving the bottom unpainted.
    I like your idea of buying the $12 stickers and have someone else paint the frame. $500-$800 sounds a bit steep if its not painted in gold.
    :-P

lyleseven
    Nov 2002

I had a two tone steel Axiom painted for no additional charge

and it was done by an outfit Seven uses back East. Fantastic paint job. Cannot imagine they would charge $500-800 more unless it is an exotic combination of paint.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyleseven
    and it was done by an outfit Seven uses back East. Fantastic paint job. Cannot imagine they would charge $500-800 more unless it is an exotic combination of paint.
    Not surprised the steel axiom would come with paint being its steel. Imagine them not painting it, that would stink after a year of wet riding. I was curious what the additional cost for a 1 coat paint on a Ti Axiom would be.
    :-P

GIMME MY BIKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dctrofspin
    Standard is one color with decals or panels. The custom paint is expensive...upwards of $500-800. There are third-party painters that would do it for half that.
    Custom paint is NOT that expensive. Don't scare people off of it, sheesh.

You should ask for a quote before you commit to anything, of course. I think my paint job cost $300 or thereabouts, and it's not a stock color. 3/4 of the TT & DT got painted, headset and fork, too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    to each his/her own, but... i must say, naked Ti looks VERY nice, and less expensive.

NeoRetroGrouch
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaul
    Not surprised the steel axiom would come with paint being its steel. Imagine them not painting it, that would stink after a year of wet riding. I was curious what the additional cost for a 1 coat paint on a Ti Axiom would be.
    Repeat after me. Do not paint titanium - ever. - TF
    "Don't those guys know they're old?!!"
    Me, off the back, at my first 50+ road race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurtle
    Repeat after me. Do not paint titanium - ever. - TF
    ha- since you said it, i'll concur. painting Ti should cost an extra $1000 just to keep people from painting it. why do such a thing!?!?

GIMME MY BIKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by santabarbara
    to each his/her own, but... i must say, naked Ti looks VERY nice, and less expensive.
    Mine's half naked. Regardless of what you say about painting Ti, my bike looks sweet. I get compliments on it all the time.
    Harrow: "You have to finish it, lad. You have to finish it. For a man to lay beaten... and yet breathing? It makes him a coward."

Inara: "It's humiliation."

Mal: "Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood... Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    von, you know i like your bike. preference for one isn't dislike of the other. what's shakin'?

GIMME MY BIKE!
    von, you know i like your bike. preference for one isn't dislike of the other. what's shakin'?

I quote:

"ha- since you said it, i'll concur. painting Ti should cost an extra $1000 just to keep people from painting it. why do such a thing!?!?"
    Harrow: "You have to finish it, lad. You have to finish it. For a man to lay beaten... and yet breathing? It makes him a coward."

Mal: "Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood... Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    foot in mouth. damn. woops. i guess i shouldn'ta said that, huh?

GIMME MY BIKE!
    foot in mouth. damn. woops. i guess i shouldn'ta said that, huh?
    ;) Hey, no problem. Just wanted you to know I wasn't pulling my comments out of my you-know-what!

Some people like bare Ti... I can see that. It *is* a thing of beauty. But paint can be too, if it's use is limited.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vonteity
    ;) Hey, no problem. Just wanted you to know I wasn't pulling my comments out of my you-know-what!

Some people like bare Ti... I can see that. It *is* a thing of beauty. But paint can be too, if it's use is limited.
    no, i didn't think that at all of you.

what happened to your hiney-shot avatar? ;)

You're Not the Boss of Me
    Yeah, I broke that cardinal rule, having tired of the bare ti look with my old Litespeed, but wanting the ride of ti.

I had Seven custom paint my Axiom in a blue-green metallic fade, and it seems to me it added about $300 to the purchase price.