Stolen Seven Alert-Chicago
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

Stolen Seven Alert-Chicago-Found!!!!

Update: I had installed tracking software on my macbook air and it tracked a guy to the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago. The CPD were unbelievable and tracked down the guy with a subpoena based on the IP address I gave them. At the apartment the found the macbook and my ****ing Seven.

Not gonna lie, I cried on the phone with the detective.

So happy right now...

Hey guys,
    My condo was burglarized last night while I was sleeping. Very quick in and out. Pretty terrifying.
    He grabbed my Seven Axiom XL and an iPad, etc.

I'm in a hi-rise in the west loop of Chicago. The guy is on the building video taking the bike at 3am. African American, maybe 30s, about 6 feet tall.

The bike is a 2011 Axiom XL with Ti frame and red trim with SRAM Red gear and S&S couplers. The serial number is 451I08.

If you all would please be on the lookout I'd appreciate it. Especially in the midwest. I think it's likely that a bike like this would end up in a nearby city like Milwaukee.

Here's a picture.

Thanks,
    Brendan
    contact me through the forum. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chicagocat; 09-25-2014 at 03:14 PM.

evs
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow, that's awesome. Glad you got your bike back. Sweeeeeet
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

Talks too much, that is..
    May 2014
    So, you haven't gotten any of that stuff back yet, have you? I mean, it is now evidence in a criminal trial, so are we talking months or years for you to have it back?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Actually, I have the bike and the computer back already. They took photos, etc. Then gave my bike back to me that night.

The detectives played a joke on me for laughs, though. They knew my bike was insanely expensive. So when I went to the station that night, he said "let me go get it". Then he came out of the back with a $50 old Huffy bike. I was like...uh oh...
    Then they all laughed and said...."we're just f***ing with you" and came out with my Seven. Pretty funny actually.

BTW, If you have a Mac, I can't recommend Orbicule Undercover HQ enough. $59 covers 5 macs and they essentially got my Seven and computer back. It also got a whole bunch of stuff for other victims. There was stuff from at least 5 burglaries there. Plus the Orbicule software guys were in touch by email the entire time, helping me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    were you fully asleep when he broke in?

banned
    Jul 2013
    Congratulations. That is also quite an endorsement for Orbicule. I am a slobbering mac fan but never heard of it. I think you can tell them you just sold some more of their software.

I grew up in Chicago. It is good to hear about a positive experience with the local police.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Yes, slept through the whole thing.