Test rideing an ID8

Feb 2006

Test rideing an ID8

Taking a ID8 for a 30 mile test this afternoon! Anxious to see how it feels.
    Any thoughts on the 06 ID8?
    Thanks

Feb 2006
    Road like a dream. Now can anyone tell me is it worth it to go the carbon ti route with this frame or just stick with an axiom.
    Appreciate any thoughts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Is there an Axiom you could test ride? I have always wondered about the carbon and ti mix....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    I'd test ride an axiom. If you like the ride just as much as the ID8 then go for the axiom as it'll be be cheaper and in the long run an all ti frame would be more durable than a carbon/ti frame where presumably the carbon is bonded to the ti lugs.

While I can't argue with the gobsmacking desirability of a carbon/ti frame such as the Elium Race, I've never really seen the point of these carbon/ti frames. Seven have the skill to build you an all Ti frame that should give you the ride that you want and also be reasonably light. Likewise for a skilled cf frame manufacturor, I don't see what ti/carbon brings to the table other than the pimp factor and extra points for failure. Having said that, if you do go for an ID8, please post some pics so that I can drool 8oP