Where should I get measured for a new Seven?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

Where should I get measured for a new Seven?

Hi there. I'd like to get measured for a new Seven, ideally by a shop that does a lot of Sevens and can really help make sure I get everything dialed in.

I am also, fwiw, a shorter woman, so someone used to dealing with the quirks of smaller bikes would be ideal.

I travel often - I can show up in Boston, NYC, LA, or possibly other east coastish locations.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Thank you.

Formosan Cyclocross
    Find the closest bike fitter who sells Sevens and knows you and your riding. Someone close to home.

Seven Cycles | Locate Retailer

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    If you frequently travel to Boston, why not just make an appointment at the factory? It's only about 10 miles west of Boston.

Signature Cycles is a series of shops that carry Seven and offer the level of fitting services you want. They have stores in New York City, Central Valley NY, and Greenwich. Check the Signature Cycles website.

As an alternative and since you have special concerns being a smaller woman consider the fitting services of Lennard Zinn in Boulder, Colorado. This of course, assumes your travels take you to Denver, etal. Lennard Zinn has been in business a long time, writes technical articles for Velo magazine, and claims his expertise in fitting women to bicycles is from his years sponsoring a women's bike racing team. Check out the "Bike Fitting" link on his web page.

When I use the word "fitting" I'm referring to sizing you for a custom frame, not fitting you to a bicycle you already have.
    Last edited by Peter P.; 05-18-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Formosan Cyclocross
    They might ask you to come back for a second fitting, so you don't want to be fit in Boston, and then spend the next several weeks trying to get back up there. Then you need to take it home.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajianshan View Post
    Find the closest bike fitter who sells Sevens and knows you and your riding. Someone close to home.

Seven Cycles | Locate Retailer
    All of this.

My LBS was great to work through for my Axiom Race.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    If you frequently travel to Boston, why not just make an appointment at the factory? It's only about 10 miles west of Boston.

Signature Cycles is a series of shops that carry Seven and offer the level of fitting services you want. They have stores in New York City, Central Valley NY, and Greenwich. Check the Signature Cycles website.

As an alternative and since you have special concerns being a smaller woman consider the fitting services of Lennard Zinn in Boulder, Colorado. This of course, assumes your travels take you to Denver, etal. Lennard Zinn has been in business a long time, writes technical articles for Velo magazine, and claims his expertise in fitting women to bicycles is from his years sponsoring a women's bike racing team. Check out the "Bike Fitting" link on his web page.

When I use the word "fitting" I'm referring to sizing you for a custom frame, not fitting you to a bicycle you already have.
    Agree. Signature Cycles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Great info. Thank you. I actually dropped a note to Seven and they recommended two of the shops who sell the most Sevens. Interestingly, didn't say anything about going to the factory and getting fitted....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar View Post
    Great info. Thank you. I actually dropped a note to Seven and they recommended two of the shops who sell the most Sevens. Interestingly, didn't say anything about going to the factory and getting fitted....
    Going to to the factory is certainly not necessary. Some people will go as an excuse to tour the facilities or talk to the builder. Not sure if Seven does this, but lots of the custom builders do. It can be part of experience.