• 04-19-2006
    bigbill
    I am getting uncomfortable with the ads.
    Call me a prude, but the ads featuring the scantily clad women are making it increasingly hard to open this forum at work. Maybe it is a subversive means to make me actually do work all day, but I doubt it. Does anyone else feel the same way?
  • 04-19-2006
    Friction_Shifter
    1 Attachment(s)
    those ads show a lot more(and are a lot bigger) than this avatar I was kindly told to remove. :confused:

Like they say. "Money talks".
  • 04-19-2006
    bigbill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Friction_Shifter
    those ads show a lot more(and are a lot bigger) than this avatar I was kindly told to remove. :confused:

Now that this has been moved down to the forum that no one looks at, I guess everyone is ok with them. The serotta forum is nice.
  • 04-19-2006
    svend
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Friction_Shifter

and chumps walk.....isn't that how the saying goes.......I wonder how much a banner ad costs.....kind of an odd double standard, that avatar is not nearly as overt as some of the ads and at 80x80 pixels a whole lot smaller
  • 04-19-2006
    KenB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbill
    Now that this has been moved down to the forum that no one looks at, I guess everyone is ok with them. The serotta forum is nice.

I know a lot of you can't do it, but I block them with the Firefox/Adblock combo. It's a shame because I wouldn't mind relevant ads but, like you, don't need that crap on my screen.

They should limit them to the PG forum and save the "normal" ads for the rest.
  • 04-19-2006
    FTF
    While I'm not at work I think I can see what you're saying. Anyways, it's pretty messed up that they went after friction shifter and put these ads up, no matter which way you slice it. I don't normally see the ads because I use adblock, but I disabled it for about 10 min to see what you were talking about, and is it just me or is everyother ad some ad for a personals site? Seriously they must be targeting J's and only J's or something, not everyone is a lonely desperate guy you know, it's not just one personals site either it's like 2-3.
  • 04-19-2006
    bigbill
    I know that I can use a different brouser, but not at work. The "company" doesn't like anyone messing with the settings.
  • 04-19-2006
    Coolhand
    The powers that be actually check this forum much more then the Lounge. Additonally I posted a thread in the Moderators Forum. I will put a link to this thread as well.
  • 04-19-2006
    gregg
    Feedback duly noted....checking with the bosses...

-g
  • 04-19-2006
    bigbill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gregg
    Feedback duly noted....checking with the bosses...

-g

Thanks, did I take one of those pictures on your avatar? I remember taking your picture with your camera when we stopped on the Sunday ride.
  • 04-20-2006
    gregg
    Hey Bill!

First off, the True banners are gone. As are the noisy fish "help me" banners.
    Too much negative feedback, not enough $

And you DID take a pic of me at that spot, but I think I actually pinched one of Len J's pics for my avatar.

Fond memories! (But your avatar is funnier!)

-g
  • 04-20-2006
    bigbill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gregg
    (But your avatar is funnier!)

-g

But only funny if you know that the other guy is ATP Junkie and spend time in PO.