I am getting uncomfortable with the ads.
    Big is relative

I am getting uncomfortable with the ads.

Call me a prude, but the ads featuring the scantily clad women are making it increasingly hard to open this forum at work. Maybe it is a subversive means to make me actually do work all day, but I doubt it. Does anyone else feel the same way?
    Retired sailor

banned
    those ads show a lot more(and are a lot bigger) than this avatar I was kindly told to remove.

Like they say. "Money talks".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Big is relative
    Quote Originally Posted by Friction_Shifter
    those ads show a lot more(and are a lot bigger) than this avatar I was kindly told to remove.

Now that this has been moved down to the forum that no one looks at, I guess everyone is ok with them. The serotta forum is nice.
    Retired sailor

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by Friction_Shifter

and chumps walk.....isn't that how the saying goes.......I wonder how much a banner ad costs.....kind of an odd double standard, that avatar is not nearly as overt as some of the ads and at 80x80 pixels a whole lot smaller
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill
    Now that this has been moved down to the forum that no one looks at, I guess everyone is ok with them. The serotta forum is nice.
    I know a lot of you can't do it, but I block them with the Firefox/Adblock combo. It's a shame because I wouldn't mind relevant ads but, like you, don't need that crap on my screen.

They should limit them to the PG forum and save the "normal" ads for the rest.

supervillain

FTF
    banned
    While I'm not at work I think I can see what you're saying. Anyways, it's pretty messed up that they went after friction shifter and put these ads up, no matter which way you slice it. I don't normally see the ads because I use adblock, but I disabled it for about 10 min to see what you were talking about, and is it just me or is everyother ad some ad for a personals site? Seriously they must be targeting J's and only J's or something, not everyone is a lonely desperate guy you know, it's not just one personals site either it's like 2-3.

Big is relative
    I know that I can use a different brouser, but not at work. The "company" doesn't like anyone messing with the settings.
    Retired sailor

flinty-eyed moderator
    The powers that be actually check this forum much more then the Lounge. Additonally I posted a thread in the Moderators Forum. I will put a link to this thread as well.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

cyclist
    Feedback duly noted....checking with the bosses...

-g

Big is relative
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg
    Feedback duly noted....checking with the bosses...

-g
    Thanks, did I take one of those pictures on your avatar? I remember taking your picture with your camera when we stopped on the Sunday ride.
    Retired sailor

cyclist
    Hey Bill!

First off, the True banners are gone. As are the noisy fish "help me" banners.
    Too much negative feedback, not enough $

And you DID take a pic of me at that spot, but I think I actually pinched one of Len J's pics for my avatar.

Fond memories! (But your avatar is funnier!)

-g

Big is relative
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg
    (But your avatar is funnier!)

-g
    But only funny if you know that the other guy is ATP Junkie and spend time in PO.
    Retired sailor