New Post Icon Not Working??
    B2
    You talking to me?

New Post Icon Not Working??

I keep seeing the new posts icon
    at the left of threads which makes me think there have been new posts since last I visited the thread. About half the time I find there are no new posts once I open the thread even with the New Post Icon present. There doesn't seem to be any consistency, sometimes there have been new posts when the icon is present and sometimes there haven't been any.

Is there a preference I need to set to get this feature to function properly?

Bryan

B2
    You talking to me?
    Forgot to mention

When viewing the hybrid message structure for an individual thread, there is a sheet of paper icon next to each thread. Some are shaded in and some are not. I assume that the ones that aren't shaded in are supposed to be messages you haven't read. Well I'm running into the same kind of problem with this icon (if my assumption is correct). Several messages have the unshaded sheet of paper icon next to them even if I have already read the message. If there are a lot of replies, it's very difficult to determine which ones are "new".

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Bryan

cyclist
    This is supposed to be kept track of via cookies. Double check to make sure that you have cookies enabled on your browser.

Even if you do, we have been testing and noticing some inconsistencies also. We are trying to determine the source of the problem. It seems like it is not properly keeping track of which threads are read, and which are not.

The dark paper icon means that post is already read. The clear paper icon means that the post is new.

I will look further into why the read/not read is not being kept track of, better.

-g

Quote Originally Posted by B2
    Forgot to mention

When viewing the hybrid message structure for an individual thread, there is a sheet of paper icon next to each thread. Some are shaded in and some are not. I assume that the ones that aren't shaded in are supposed to be messages you haven't read. Well I'm running into the same kind of problem with this icon (if my assumption is correct). Several messages have the unshaded sheet of paper icon next to them even if I have already read the message. If there are a lot of replies, it's very difficult to determine which ones are "new".

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Bryan