Question for Gregg
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Reputation: Dave Hickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    20,473

    Question for Gregg

    Is the plan to "pull the switch" on the old format and be automatically direct to this site or are the two going to run simultaneously for a while?
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

    My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    cyclist
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,900

    the two boards will be side by side for a while...

    ...basically, we'll be mimicking what we did on MTBR.

    -Soft launch the new software with new Manufacturer forums. This gives us a chance to work out the bugs, before the higher traffic hits. Get everyone registered and what not.

    -Roll out the old forums in new version. During this period, there will be two General boards, two Cyclocross boards, etc...

    -Then turn off posting to the old forums, set them as "read-only" archives, and then we'll be fully up and running on the new system.

    D'ats da' plan.

    -g




    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    Is the plan to "pull the switch" on the old format and be automatically direct to this site or are the two going to run simultaneously for a while?

  3. #3
    Game on, b*tches!
    Reputation: Kram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,467

    When is this all going to occur?

    What's the time frame on this, Gregg? I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I'm likin it so far. (Except that I had to re-register)
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

    "Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com



  4. #4
    cyclist
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,900

    Cool avatar! Time Frame:

    So time frame would be:

    Launch Manufacturer forums on new software: Jan. 27

    Launch Old boards on new software: Feb. 2 or 3

    Side by side period for about a week.

    Close posting to old forums: 'round Feb 9 or 10.

    (I had a Husky/Malamute/Shepherd mix when I was a kid. Can't quite place your pup. Looks almost like a Chow/Husky mix)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kram59
    What's the time frame on this, Gregg? I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I'm likin it so far. (Except that I had to re-register)

  5. #5
    Game on, b*tches!
    Reputation: Kram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,467

    Shiba-Inu.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg
    So time frame would be:

    Launch Manufacturer forums on new software: Jan. 27

    Launch Old boards on new software: Feb. 2 or 3

    Side by side period for about a week.

    Close posting to old forums: 'round Feb 9 or 10.

    (I had a Husky/Malamute/Shepherd mix when I was a kid. Can't quite place your pup. Looks almost like a Chow/Husky mix)
    Japanes hunting dog. She's about 2 yrs now.
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

    "Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com



  6. #6
    cyclist
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,900

    Ahh...

    My mom's gonna be dissappointed I didn't recognize that.

    gregg (last name: kato)


    Quote Originally Posted by Kram59
    Japanes hunting dog. She's about 2 yrs now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.