Welcome to Seattle...er..

Printable View

• 10-20-2004
    lemonlime
    Welcome to Seattle...er..
    What's up with all the rain? I could've stayed in Seattle for this. Cripes, everyone I knew always saying, "You're gonna love San Diego. Never rains, never!"

What a crock!
  • 10-20-2004
    atpjunkie
    plus
    it's doubtful you got 30 mph winds with said rain in Seattle. Well we went 182 plus days without a drop, you'll get over it. I rode both Mon. and Tues but took today to recover. the headwind home (south) just ripped the life out of me yesterday.
  • 10-20-2004
    The Walrus
    The rain would've bothered me more...
    ...if I hadn't come down with a staggeringly bad case of stomach flu that I woke up with Sunday morning--I knew there'd be no riding on the agenda for days. ...and what do you know, the storm's breaking this afternoon, and I don't feel half bad.

(How is it that I can endure monster queasiness for a day, finally culminating in gut-wrenching hurling, and then two minutes later feel so good I almost got the giggles? Weird.)
  • 10-20-2004
    mickey-mac
    Sunday
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
    ...if I hadn't come down with a staggeringly bad case of stomach flu that I woke up with Sunday morning--I knew there'd be no riding on the agenda for days. ...and what do you know, the storm's breaking this afternoon, and I don't feel half bad.

I woke up, as usual, at 5:30 Sunday morning hoping for no rain. Unfortunately, it was pissing. I played with the kids and let my wife sleep for several hours until I saw a tiny patch of blue sky at 8:30. I jumped on the bike and headed for the north valley. I was hit by sprinkes every now and then. When I got to Chatsworth and Louise, the skies just opened up and didn't stop. At that point, I decided just to soak it in (pun intended) and enjoy the looks of disbelief I got from motorists. There's something satisfying about doing a 2-3 hour ride and not seeing another cyclist on the road.
  • 10-21-2004
    atpjunkie
    this week
    have been staging my own Belgian classics. Mon AM, light sprinkles early followed by final 4 mile climb in torrential downpour. Got splashed by a car and was so wet already I just didn't care. Mon PM (I commute) light rain and gusty. Tues. Heavy AM rain but was better prepared. stayed relatively dry, PM light rain w/ massive headwind interspersed w/ torrents. called it a ride at mile 25 and jumped on the train. Took wed. off to clean bike.
    today light rain and partial sun. I just tell myself these would be average late summer, early autumn days in most of the country.