Welcome to Seattle...er..
    All I wanted was a Pepsi!

Welcome to Seattle...er..

What's up with all the rain? I could've stayed in Seattle for this. Cripes, everyone I knew always saying, "You're gonna love San Diego. Never rains, never!"

What a crock!

Not Banned

plus

it's doubtful you got 30 mph winds with said rain in Seattle. Well we went 182 plus days without a drop, you'll get over it. I rode both Mon. and Tues but took today to recover. the headwind home (south) just ripped the life out of me yesterday.

Apr 2000

The rain would've bothered me more...

...if I hadn't come down with a staggeringly bad case of stomach flu that I woke up with Sunday morning--I knew there'd be no riding on the agenda for days. ...and what do you know, the storm's breaking this afternoon, and I don't feel half bad.

(How is it that I can endure monster queasiness for a day, finally culminating in gut-wrenching hurling, and then two minutes later feel so good I almost got the giggles? Weird.)

My back hurts

Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    ...if I hadn't come down with a staggeringly bad case of stomach flu that I woke up with Sunday morning--I knew there'd be no riding on the agenda for days. ...and what do you know, the storm's breaking this afternoon, and I don't feel half bad.
    I woke up, as usual, at 5:30 Sunday morning hoping for no rain. Unfortunately, it was pissing. I played with the kids and let my wife sleep for several hours until I saw a tiny patch of blue sky at 8:30. I jumped on the bike and headed for the north valley. I was hit by sprinkes every now and then. When I got to Chatsworth and Louise, the skies just opened up and didn't stop. At that point, I decided just to soak it in (pun intended) and enjoy the looks of disbelief I got from motorists. There's something satisfying about doing a 2-3 hour ride and not seeing another cyclist on the road.

Not Banned

this week

have been staging my own Belgian classics. Mon AM, light sprinkles early followed by final 4 mile climb in torrential downpour. Got splashed by a car and was so wet already I just didn't care. Mon PM (I commute) light rain and gusty. Tues. Heavy AM rain but was better prepared. stayed relatively dry, PM light rain w/ massive headwind interspersed w/ torrents. called it a ride at mile 25 and jumped on the train. Took wed. off to clean bike.
    today light rain and partial sun. I just tell myself these would be average late summer, early autumn days in most of the country.