Irving, TX - Road Routes? Groups?

May 2004

Irving, TX - Road Routes? Groups?

Does anyone road ride around this area? I'm looking for a group or someone to start riding with two to three times a week at about 6pm. I started riding last summer and was doing 25 miles twice a week in Coppell. Now I've moved to Irving next to Hwy 161 and I'm looking for a new route that is safe. Anyone interested or know of any rides around here?

I've seen some riders going down O'Connor or Royal by the LB Houston Mtn bike trail. Oh I also would be up for some beginner mountain biking. So please let me know if you would be interested!

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AlluraSCB
    Does anyone road ride around this area? I'm looking for a group or someone to start riding with two to three times a week at about 6pm. I started riding last summer and was doing 25 miles twice a week in Coppell. Now I've moved to Irving next to Hwy 161 and I'm looking for a new route that is safe. Anyone interested or know of any rides around here?

I've seen some riders going down O'Connor or Royal by the LB Houston Mtn bike trail. Oh I also would be up for some beginner mountain biking. So please let me know if you would be interested!

Call Mad Duck Adventure Sports in Grapevine. They don't have a ride in Irving but some people that frequent the shop do. Ask for Clarence and tell him your interested in Irving road rides. I believe they start around Royal and Beltline a couple of nights/wk,
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

May 2004
    I know about "The Duck." I know someone who works there. But they don't have any road rides going on in my area or for my level. But thanks for replying and offering a suggestion!

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AlluraSCB

I was Mountain Biking @ Campion Trail for a couple of months, I recently purchased a Road bike and continued to ride that Trail for about a month, I was really freaking out on the winding curves going 18 to 20 mph, Then one day it happened ! I was riding through the wooded part of the trail and came around a curve and saw a man pushing a baby stroller. By the time the man saw Me it was too late. I swerved to try to miss him and ended up going off of the trail/pavement and attempted to get back on the trail and flipped my bike because of the overlap of pavement and dirt (about 6 inches), 1st of all I will NEVER, EVER , EVER ride that trail again on My road bike !! I have though about just riding around Las Colinas on the Streets, But for now I will just stay within the safety of White Rock lake, even if I have to drive 30 mi twice a week..Let Me know if You want to get together for a ride in and around Las Colinas or Maybe You would want to ride (car) out to White Rock one day after work (home by 6pm)..

Sep 2004
    There are a few group rides in the area. Carrolton Cycling Club rides Mondays and wednesday nights at 6:00. I work in Los Colinas so I ride around the area at lunch a few days a week. Contact if interested.