2013 Roubaix SL4 > What size is this Roubaix (52, 54, or 56 CM)?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

2013 Roubaix SL4 > What size is this Roubaix (52, 54, or 56 CM)?

In an email exchange with LSB...he insists that "this" is a photo of 56 cm Roubaix SL4 Expert: https://sweetridecycling.com/wp-cont...aix-expert.jpg

The LBS no longer has this particular bike...but coincidently has a 56 cm available. I have told him that I do not think that the photo is a 56 cm...but more likely a 52 or a 54 cm. He is insistent that it "is" a 56 cm. To save me a long drive...what do you think...56, 54, or 52 cm?

Thanks

have droids, will party
    I really doubt he'd lie to you, especially if you're going to pick it up in person. They have stickers with the size on them. That being said, the head tube does look a bit short for a 56cm Roubaix....But, could be the angle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    seems like there is still a white sticker there on the seat tube.
    tell him to take a picture of it, that's where the frame height is shown

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    The bike in the picture has already been sold. Below is a partial copy of my email to the LBS:

Me: Can you tell me please...what size (52 CM, 54 CM,) is this Specialized Roubaix (from your website): https://sweetridecycling.com/wp-cont...aix-expert.jpg

LBS: That bike is the 2013 Roubaix Expert, and right now we have a 56cm in stock. We do have other models in other sizes as well. The Expert is priced at $3850.

Me: Great...but is that a 54 cm in the picture?

LBS: That is the 56 in the picture.

Me: Sure that's not a 54 CM...here's a photo of a 56 CM: 2013 specialized s-works roubaix sl4 dura-ace di2 carbon road bike 56cm roval - Ottawa - Sporting Goods - Bicycles

LBS: Yes, pretty sure.

Yes...you think it would be easy to look up the sale invoice for the bike in his picture...to determine its size!

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by krtassoc View Post
    ...you think it would be easy to look up the sale invoice for the bike in his picture...to determine its size!
    That offers no guarantee, either. Someone could have written the wrong size on the receipt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the LBS says they have a 56cm in stock and that's what you want, does anything else really matter?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Hello every body,
    I'm new on this forum.
    I'm looking fr comparaisons between Aron gallium vs Specialized Roubaix SL4.
    Are somebody can help me?
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Back to the original question...can someone tell me what size the LBS Roubaix is in the picture. (Or, does anyone have a SL4 that looks like the one in the picture..and what size is it?)

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    why can't you ask him to take a picture of the seat tube? If they are that stubborn, don't do business with them, just more problems.

Cycling induced anoesis
    Seems to me you're pretty confident that the bike you link to is a 56cm. That given, comparing IT to the LBS pic, it's apparent to me that they're not the same sizes. So you have your answer, no??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Back to the original question...can someone tell me what size the LBS Roubaix is in the picture. (Or, does anyone have a SL4 that looks like the one in the picture..and what size is it?)

Thanks
    From a photo, come on. I have an SL4 in a 56 but I'm not sure about the size of that one to give you the response you hope for.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    I am interested in a 54 cm...so I'm not going take take a long drive...if the Roubiax the LBS has in stock is a 56 cm...hence my question to him..and the forum...as to the size of the bike in the photo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I am interested in a 54 cm...so I'm not going take take a long drive...if the Roubiax the LBS has in stock is a 56 cm...hence my question to him..and the forum...as to the size of the bike in the photo.
    Come on dude, nobody can tell the true size from a photo. Make the drive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    it's a 54 for sure! but never a 56, i got 4 rbx in size 56.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Thank you! (Finally...a reply to my question...with out all the asshat comments by all of the others who have posted so far...within this forum "thread!")

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Thank you! (Finally...a reply to my question...with out all the asshat comments by all of the others who have posted so far...within this forum "thread!")
    Not to be an "asshat" but you can tell a 2cm difference from a picture at an awkward angle?

Seriously...I doubt it. Unless there is a rock solid reference item...such as a ruler, telling the exact size of something like a bike simply based off a pic is darn near impossible. Especially a small difference like 2cm.

Cycling induced anoesis
    You got several replies to your question. They just weren't what you wanted to be told. By stating an opinion as fact, schima apparently did that.

That said, personally, I'd rather be labeled as making asshat comments than basing a bike buying decision on pictures or aesthetics alone (I usually buy based on fit/ test rides), so thank you for that.

Good luck to you. Based on what you've posted here, I think you're going to need a large dose of it.

Masters Neophyte
    Sooo... the bike in the pic is already sold. You think it's a 54cm, they say 56cm... but I fail to see why on Earth that matters?
    They say they have you size, but you don't believe them? Is it just that you don't think they can tell sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ352 View Post
    ...Good luck to you. Based on what you've posted here, I think you're going to need a large dose of it.
    As always, PJ cuts thru the crap.
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    I have a SL4 in 56cm and the picture is not a 56 for sure.