Constant click click click sound in my handlebar!!!.Do you have any suggestions?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

Constant click click click sound in my handlebar!!!.Do you have any suggestions?

Hi

Every time the bike hits a pothole (small) or irregular asphalt, there`s a click click sound coming from the front of the bike. I have checked the stem, handlebar clamp, starnut, spacers and everything seems to be fine and well torqued. So what`s the deal with this?. The bike is almost new (less than 700km).

It`s a specialized allez comp 2004 with carbon 3 fork (alu steer tube).

Thanks a lot for your replys!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Might be something rattling around in your rims. Is the noise coming from the wheel, or around the headset area?

Aug 2006

Lube your bolts?

My mate had the same problem, after taking out all the bolts in his stem and lubing the bolts thread and then reinstalling the clicks went away, he also did the same to the seat post bolts too, he rides a Roubaix Pro.

Jan 2006

Headset

My Tarmac had a slight ticking sound that I ignored. At the bike shop the other day, they were putting a new chain on and decided to tighten the headset. Basically cleaned it out and tightened it some. I rode the next day and didnt notice any tick at all. Tomorrow is 50 miles, I will let you know.

Jan 2006

The Ride

48 Miles, No Tick, I think the Headset was it.....Check it out.

In-House Counsel
    Jul 2005
    Do you have a computer on your bike? Maybe a watch computer (i.e. Polar) that you strap on? Depending how I put mine on, it'll rattle some.
    -- Jimm --

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    If you have Ultegra brifters, they could be opening and closing really quickly over the bumps. That's what mine do, anyway.

Not sure if this is true of other Shimano groups.

Jim