Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    76

    Missing seatpost clamp?

    Does anyone know where to find a the seat post clamp/binder for the 2003-2007 Tarmac?

    It had this weird aero tube reducer that mated to a conventional round post. I can't find it on the 'bay and my shop says they don't have it anymore, which means my '06 S-Works frame might as well be wall art.

    I'm also open to alternative solutions. A Transition aero post is actually a perfect fit for the opening, but I can't find a seat clamp for that either, so I've no way to secure it.

    This is what the bike would look like with the right part:

    Missing seatpost clamp?-specialized_tarmac_56_1.jpg

    Much thanks to any ideas!

  2. #2
    Neophyte
    Reputation: jetdog9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,609
    Poked around on Internet, not looking good for you... did you try asking Specialized directly somehow?

    You could take a flyer on one of these perhaps:
    https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/blb...at-clamp-black
    https://www.aventon.com/products/rep...96-32863331602

    Maybe you can mix/match parts if yours is just broken, not missing, to get things working?

    Note to self: Don't lose or screw up this part for my 2006 Allez.

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    Poked around on Internet, not looking good for you... did you try asking Specialized directly somehow?

    You could take a flyer on one of these perhaps:
    https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/blb...at-clamp-black
    https://www.aventon.com/products/rep...96-32863331602

    Maybe you can mix/match parts if yours is just broken, not missing, to get things working?

    Note to self: Don't lose or screw up this part for my 2006 Allez.
    I just sent a note to Specialized Rider Care, though my past experience is that they'll just refer me back to the shop. I appreciate the links; unfortunately they don't appear to be the right profile. Grabbing an old frame and binning the entire thing except the seat clamp is my last-ditch option..

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Wetworks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    I just sent a note to Specialized Rider Care, though my past experience is that they'll just refer me back to the shop. I appreciate the links; unfortunately they don't appear to be the right profile. Grabbing an old frame and binning the entire thing except the seat clamp is my last-ditch option..
    Sent a note? Dude, call them directly. I have done so in the past and actually just called them today about a seatpost collar for my Diverge. The woman I spoke with was literally going through bins while on the phone with me.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetworks View Post
    Sent a note? Dude, call them directly. I have done so in the past and actually just called them today about a seatpost collar for my Diverge. The woman I spoke with was literally going through bins while on the phone with me.
    Good thought. No luck, she couldn't find one. The folks selling complete frames haven't gotten back to me, I don't think they're inclined to part anything out. My local shop suggested having a carbon repair shop create a proper post opening; this struck me as a bridge too far.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    434
    PM me. I may have one.

Similar Threads

  1. Recommended Torque for Seatpost Clamp for new carbon seatpost
    By Bhubb08 in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:28 PM
  2. R3 seatpost clamp failure and seatpost damage
    By skygodmatt in forum Cervelo
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 03:16 PM
  3. braze-on with lightweight clamp vs clamp-on
    By Shuteye in forum Save Some Weight
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 02:21 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
  5. Campy clamp-on front derailleur w/ shimano frame clamp.
    By Jed Peters in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 09:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.