Pimp my Tarmac version 4- red+zipp version
    flinty-eyed moderator

Pimp my Tarmac version 4- red+zipp version

Shizam!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

flinty-eyed moderator
    Full picture- Zipp 404 tubulars, SRAM RED Shifters, Rear, Breaks, Chain. Waiting on the 11-26 RED cassette (shipped), so rocking the 11-23 Dura Ace here.

Started as a 2008 Specialized Tarmac Pro, made a "few" changes. Daily driver wheels are Reynolds Attack carbon clinchers.

kg's for the euros.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Nice lookin' machine!

flinty-eyed moderator
    Thanks, I really only bought this model because it was such a smoking deal at the time, but the looks have started to grow on me. Plus for a 58cm bike- the weight is really good now in race mode.

Although at this point I have changed the stem (longer Ritchey WCS), Shifters, deraillers, brakes, chain, and cassette (SRAM Red) and wheels (Zipp 404's or Reynolds Attack carbon clinchers) and ebayed off the stuff I wasn't using (except the stem- always use a extra stem).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Nice ride! I just picked up a '07 Tarmac but it was one of the mid year models so the frame is the same as the '08 models. It has the Quick Step paint and stickers...rides nice. But, it might be awhile before I can afford pimp out, like you did!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice looking bike! I just bought an 07 Tarmac Pro and love it. Got a great deal on it also..... Im planning to get an extra set of wheels and have been thinking about some Ksyrium ES or perhaps a set of Dura-ace/Open Pro handbuilts.