Roubaix 2020

Thread: Roubaix 2020

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

Roubaix 2020

Is there going to me a major redesign for the next model year? Does anyone have any insight into what to expect? Thx

RoadBikeReview Member
    I believe it is the Roubaix's turn again next year. No idea on what is coming though, maybe some aero elements?

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    It is in fact time for the Roubaix to see an update, given the normal schedule of updates... Specialized usually updates their 3 main road bikes, Tarmac/Venge/Roubaix every 3 years, alternating between each one, so this year should see a Roubaix update.

You can expect to see a new Roubaix for the Paris-Roubaix race and in fact, Sagan has been spotted riding some sort of new bike. The bike appears to be Roubaix-like, but not the same as the current one. I've heard that the future shock will be going away, but the photo seemed to show one on the bike he was using.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT
    2015 Specialized Fuse Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    can you link to the photo of the prototype sagan was spotted on?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Someone posted this on weightweenies but I couldn't find the specific post on his instagram.

5AC25E45-F41B-44DF-8F84-487334340F18.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    I've heard that the future shock will be going away, but the photo seemed to show one on the bike he was using.
    Today the owner of the Specialized shop I visited said the future shock is not going away, but that they were "cleaning it up." According to him, enough people complained about the looks of it on the Roubaix to convince Specialized to make changes. He didn't say, but my guess is the recall probably has something to do with it.

Supposedly, the announcement is sometime in March, but he said May might be more likely with how manufacturers meet time goals. Hearing that Trek is making a big deal about their upcoming March announcement, maybe Specialized will want to counter with an announcement of their own.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013

Specialized Recall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    ... but my guess is the recall probably has something to do with it.
    As an owner of a registered Specialized Roubaix with the future shock, I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I had no idea this recall occured. Glad its winter. Really disappointed with Specialized on this. Not that there is a failure but they haven't notified their customers. I registered my bike with them when I bought it. A simple email would have sufficed.

Louis

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post
    As an owner of a registered Specialized Roubaix with the future shock, I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I had no idea this recall occured. Glad its winter. Really disappointed with Specialized on this. Not that there is a failure but they haven't notified their customers. I registered my bike with them when I bought it. A simple email would have sufficed.

Louis
    Check your junk mail. They sent out at least one email.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by masont View Post
    Check your junk mail. They sent out at least one email.
    Possible but I receive other emails from Specialized that don't get blocked. So unless they were sending this using an email service that my system has flagged, it should have gotten through. And I check my junk folder on a regular basis. The biggest problem I have is that my ISP routinely blocks emails coming from IP address blocks it has blacklisted. :-(

So I got the new collar and replaced it myself. I see no difference between the old and new part other than a different part number on the side. Even the weight is the same. Any idea what is different?

Louis

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post
    I see no difference between the old and new part other than a different part number on the side. Even the weight is the same. Any idea what is different?
    After having the part replaced at the shop where the bike was purchased, I asked what was different. The shop said they had no idea as the new part looked identical to the old part.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    After having the part replaced at the shop where the bike was purchased, I asked what was different. The shop said they had no idea as the new part looked identical to the old part.
    Here are a few pictures. I see no difference other than the part number. T73 is the new part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    I reached out to Specialized to find out what is different. This is the reply I received:
    ---------------------
    Hello Louis,

Thanks for reaching out. The new steerer tube collars have been improved with corrosion resistant materials (bolts). I don't have any additional information, but they appear to be almost identical other than that (explains the weight being the same). I hope that this info is helpful.

Have a great day!

-Mikey
    ---------------------

So it seems that it is mostly the bolt that was the problem.

Louis

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    alternatively/in addition to the roubaix 2020 news, any info about the new specialized e-road bike? supposed to be very well integrated such it'd hard to even tell it has battery. I'm hearing it's out soon.
    thx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSquirrel View Post
    That new seatpost clamp should be a technical improvement. The old one was fiddly and slipped without a healthy dose of graphite paste. But the new clamp looks ugly in the photo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Have they redesigned the steerer clamp for the new roubaix, or is it still a one bolt design?

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    Its the same design, just a new shock. I suspect that all 3 will be interchangeable, but I will confirm when we get one in.

*edit* one of the reviews says they are not backwards compatible because the new shock is longer. I will still check it out though.
    Last edited by BlackSquirrel; 04-11-2019 at 04:20 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSquirrel View Post
    Its the same design, just a new shock. I suspect that all 3 will be interchangeable, but I will confirm when we get one in.

*edit* one of the reviews says they are not backwards compatible because the new shock is longer. I will still check it out though.
    Would be nice if it was backward compatible.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    anyone know what max front ring in 1x setup can be mounted on new Roubaix 19/20 model?