Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 899091
Results 2,251 to 2,273 of 2273
    Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester45 View Post
    Love the colourway on that Allez - great looking bike! I have a 2014 model and have had (and still have) many fun hours on that bike. Had built up an SL4 Tarmac Expert frame a few years back as my "go to" bike for most of my riding but could not resist the new SL6. Just about finished the build and save for a few bits of fine tuning, been getting plenty of miles on the bike this week.
    Attachment 321497Attachment 321498
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_mm View Post
    Always amazed to see such a paint on a road bike I have to say....to me it would better suit a downhill bike ...unless you have the legs of Sagan...this bike looks more like a kidís bike to me....
    Totally disagree with you on this Tony_mm. I think this Tarmac color way is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
    I like black but never been a fan of the matte finish.

Some updates from the end of last year, the -17 sworks stem finally came in and I also added a power2max power meter. My dad finally ordered the rest of the parts for a McLaren tarmac frame he has had sitting around for about a year now which should be built up by the end of next week. I'm going to see how the clx 50 rovals ride on his then likely pull the trigger myself on a set once the weather gets better (I'll post pictures of his once it is built up).
    Attachment 322033Attachment 322034
    Love the bike and changes you've made. I still miss your Venge, but this Tarmac is pretty awesome. Your dad got a Maclaren tarmac? That is an amazing bike as well. I've heard nothing but good things about the Rovals.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT
    2015 Specialized Fuse Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Totally disagree with you on this Tony_mm. I think this Tarmac color way is awesome.

Good colour for the US guys !
    NRA rules.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TricrossRich View Post
    Love the bike and changes you've made. I still miss your Venge, but this Tarmac is pretty awesome. Your dad got a Maclaren tarmac? That is an amazing bike as well. I've heard nothing but good things about the Rovals.
    The venge has been retired to trainer duty as the crack in the dropout doesn't pose much of a risk if it goes in the middle of a trainer ride vs on some descent at 50mph. I miss it too but the tarmac has been great. I'm waiting to see what they do with the next venge before I decide on my next aero bike. My dad got a good deal on the Mclaren frame from a trustworthy source. He payed less for it than my frame cost. If I didn't already have my tarmac all built up at that point I would have probably tried downsizing to the 54 for it but it worked out well for my dad. He had 2 bikes at that point so had them time to sit on the frame where my venge was the only road bike I had so I had been in a hurry to get something built up and riding again.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Stopped by the bike store to have my bike tuned up for the start of the season and they were finishing up my dad's build. Also a couple pictures of the paint details.

Sram red / etap.
    Roval CLX50s
    Aerofly bar.
    Some new sworks saddle that resembles the power but has some other name.
    Sworks stem.

Size 54, think it came out to about 14lbs 1oz without pedals/cages/garmin mount.

Now we just need all the snow to melt. I'm looking forward to taking it for spin to see how the clx50s are.

Specialized bike pic thread-img_1790s.jpgSpecialized bike pic thread-img_1789.jpgSpecialized bike pic thread-img_1793.jpgSpecialized bike pic thread-img_1794s.jpgSpecialized bike pic thread-img_1797s.jpgSpecialized bike pic thread-img_1798s.jpg

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Awesome looking McLaren... wow, that is so nice. I'm guessing the saddle is the Power ARC. It is a power with more curved rounder edges.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Outstanding! Congrats to your dad!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2017
    I rode this Roubaix triple on Trans Am in 2015. I bought it used, but it did really well. I'm trying to figure out which year and model it is. Aluminum frame, with carbon fork and seat stays. 105 gruppo, white paint with black lettering. Specialized bike pic thread-img_4508.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Couple of weeks on this bike now... First new new bike in 20yrs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sychen View Post
    Couple of weeks on this bike now... First new new bike in 20yrs.

Looks great, how do you like it so far? What is the size and weight on it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    Looks great, how do you like it so far? What is the size and weight on it?
    Love it.. Best bike I've had by far. Massive smile every time I head out on it. It just does everything better.
    Comes with clx50s and power meter.

6.99kg in the top photo. This is with power pro(instead of s-works toupe) /cromoly speedplay /kedge out front installed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

Croatia trip :)

Sagan Superstar !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized bike pic thread-img_5536.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Picked up an SL6 frame. Same components as the SL5 with exception of a set of EE brakes and an 11-30 ultegra cassette instead of 11-28.

They had weighed the SL5 at 16lbs 9oz. The frame and brake swap dropped it to 15lbs 12oz.
    The HED wheels don't match as well as they did with the previous two frames so that might push me to get a set of clx50s sooner than planned. Still have the same plastic bottle cages from the original venge which I'll swap soon too.

Specialized bike pic thread-img_4632.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

New Venge Sagan Edition

Here is my newest ride.

New Swork Venge Sagan Edition
    Changed the wheels from CLX64 to 50 for better controll in Taiwan windy conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized bike pic thread-5.jpg   Specialized bike pic thread-4.jpg   Specialized bike pic thread-3.jpg   Specialized bike pic thread-1.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    With the CLX50
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized bike pic thread-10.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Picked up an SL6 frame. Same components as the SL5 with exception of a set of EE brakes and an 11-30 ultegra cassette instead of 11-28.

They had weighed the SL5 at 16lbs 9oz. The frame and brake swap dropped it to 15lbs 12oz.
    The HED wheels don't match as well as they did with the previous two frames so that might push me to get a set of clx50s sooner than planned. Still have the same plastic bottle cages from the original venge which I'll swap soon too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4632.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	323143
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyORCA View Post
    With the CLX50
    Beautiful rides!!! Enjoy them while going fast!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2018
    Just picked up my Tarmac Comp disc Sagan. Couldn't quite stretch to a S-WORKS.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Snapped this photo at the top of the local mountain. Took the white HED stickers off the wheels. I have a set of the black HED stickers that just arrived that I might try on there. I ordered them so I would have something to scan in so I could make some custom stickers where instead of the white outline the black HED logos have it would be a color fade similar to the lettering on the bike. The tape I think would have come out better wrapped in the opposite direction with the pink transitioning to black on the bottom which is what I had wanted initially but the bike store talked me into having it done this way. I'll probably redo it in the spring.

Specialized bike pic thread-img_5745s.jpg
    Last edited by taodemon; 09-25-2018 at 05:57 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Snapped this photo at the top of the local mountain. Took the white HED stickers off the wheels. I have a set of the black HED stickers that just arrived that I might try on there. I ordered them so I would have something to scan in so I could make some custom stickers where instead of the white outline the black HED logos have it would be a color fade similar to the lettering on the bike. The tape I think would have come out better wrapped in the opposite direction with the pink transitioning to black on the bottom which is what I had wanted initially but the bike store talked me into having it done this way. I'll probably redo it in the spring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5745s.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	323826
    Looks great. Are you planning to drop the stem a little bit more but replace it with the one looks flat?

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    I picked up a 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5 back in early August... swapped all of the stuff off my Venge onto this frame and sold the Venge frame set. The Venge was a great bike and gave me many great memories, but this Tarmac is an all-around better frame. I was super thrilled with the black and black color way, but I grabbed it because I knew I could do some custom stuff and make it exactly as I want it.

Here's the frame, after initial build up.

Here's the build now, I got custom vinyl printed... the lettering inside the S-Works logo are the graphics from our team jersey.

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5
    2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2014 S-Works Shiv TT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Here is my updated Sagan Swork Venge now on BA wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized bike pic thread-swba1.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Here goes my 2018 Tarmac Expert SL5, love the chameleon paint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Updated my allez expert dsw w ultegra r8000 crank set

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricke24 View Post
    Here goes my 2018 Tarmac Expert SL5, love the chameleon paint!
    The Chameleon is my favorite color but it never seems to work out where the frame I want is available in it at the time I'm buying a bike/frame so in some regards I continue being frustrated.

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 899091