Force 22 Front Deraileur with rival ?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012

Force 22 Front Deraileur with rival ?

I think i read somewhere about using the new Force 22 FD on a bike with Rival nand it was a definate improvement inj front shifting. i'm getting ready to get a new bike and cant figure out how to go.
    Cannondale Synapse 2014 61cm Force 22

I just started riding and I can't believe I want to spend that much.............................................. ..................

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I just went from a Rival FD to a Force 22 FD. I did it mainly for the integrated chain catcher, but front shifter is a bit better. It was definitely worth the price difference of the upgrade for both features.

Fat and slow but trying
    Quote Originally Posted by sund View Post
    I just went from a Rival FD to a Force 22 FD. I did it mainly for the integrated chain catcher, but front shifter is a bit better. It was definitely worth the price difference of the upgrade for both features.
    What shifter are you using with the setup? I just went from an Apex equipped bike to a Rival equipped bike and the front is day and night...for the better. Rear is about the same. Shifters a little nicer...a little crisper shifting...but otherwise not much difference.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I'm using Rival shifters. On my other bike, I've got the last generation Red shifters, rival rear and Red yaw front derailleur. The shifters are fairly similar. Just a more positive action on the Red.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Im not sure what i want to go with . just getting ideas for a new synapse. EDepending on what the LBS says it may be pieced to gether. Probably mostly Rival with last years Red shifter and yaw FD. depnds on what they'll do and price. or might go force 22.
    Cannondale Synapse 2014 61cm Force 22

I just started riding and I can't believe I want to spend that much.............................................. ..................

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    If you are going all brand new, I would think Force 22 would be a better value. Old Red shifters aren't cheap when brand new. If used, then picking and choosing components, you can go with the strong suit of each.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm using 2013 Red shifters and Force 22 FD. The reason using Force 22 instead RED is the price different... and i'm happy with the Force 22 FD performance.

-meor-