Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2018
    The short answer is SRAM does not care. I e-mailed the head of product at SRAM, Ron Ritzler and simply asked him to reply to three questions.

1. Is SRAM aware of this issue?2. Do you feel it is an issue?

3. Is it being addressed?

He did reply, but instead of any sort of answer he told me to contact my local bike shop and have them contact the deal hotline. In other words he just told me to F-off. This is a known problem and SRAM is doing nothing to fix it. Nor do they care about their customers. Lesson learned, will go Shimano next time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001001 View Post
    Hi

I filed away some of the case to allow for the plate and tape there seems to be plenty of material but only go as far as you need, there is no strain on fitting the battery etc.

The thing is you paid $3K for etap, SRAM should be fixing the problem, not their customers.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by tejentejen View Post
    The thing is you paid $3K for etap, SRAM should be fixing the problem, not their customers.
    NO one pays $3,000 for etap, at least not American dollars...if they do they're stupid.

The short answer is SRAM does not care. I e-mailed the head of product at SRAM, Ron Ritzler and simply asked him to reply to three questions.

[FONT="]1. Is SRAM aware of this issue?[/FONT][FONT="]2. Do you feel it is an issue?
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]3. Is it being addressed?
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]
    He did reply, but instead of any sort of answer he told me to contact my local bike shop and have them contact the deal hotline. In other words he just told me to F-off. This is a known problem and SRAM is doing nothing to fix it. Nor do they care about their customers. Lesson learned, will go Shimano next time.
    [/FONT]
    Jesus, you are dramatic. It's not that guys job to answer questions like this about product. I've definitely heard about it happening but I don't think there's a problem. Like I posted on the first page I've been working w/ etap since well before it was available to the public and in large quantity. Never had a battery break. I have had a few decide to die at rather inconvenient times but never had a tab break. Pretty sure I know what causes it and it's not the fault of the battery or SRAM.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    NO one pays $3,000 for etap, at least not American dollars...if they do they're stupid.

Well...you either pay MAP for the group...or you get sponsored....or you buy BikesDirect or other complete bike.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/inte...retail-pricing
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

'brifter' is a lame word.

[FONT="]1. Is SRAM aware of this issue?[/FONT][FONT="]2. Do you feel it is an issue?
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]3. Is it being addressed?
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]
    [/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Well...you either pay MAP for the group...or you get sponsored....or you buy BikesDirect or other complete bike.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/inte...retail-pricing
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be getting from that link but you can get the upgrade kit for less than $1700...if you need the whole group it's still not close to $3k.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12