SRAM Force 22 RD question

Printable View

• 07-29-2020
    mtbdcd
    SRAM Force 22 RD question
    I recently upgraded my SRAM Force from 10 speed to 11 speed. The rear shifting is noticeably harder to a larger cog in the back. And feels like you are pushing over a little hump for each gear.

Anybody else notice this. Don't think i have any excessive cable drag.
  • 08-17-2020
    cxwrench
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbdcd View Post
    I recently upgraded my SRAM Force from 10 speed to 11 speed. The rear shifting is noticeably harder to a larger cog in the back. And feels like you are pushing over a little hump for each gear.

Anybody else notice this. Don't think i have any excessive cable drag.

Why do you think this? What did you do to come to this conclusion?
  • 08-18-2020
    mtbdcd
    Been using SRAM Force & Red 10 speed for a long.... time. Upgraded to Force 11 speed and it feels different and harder. More of a firm push and snap type feel for the 11 speed vs. a linear push and light click type feel for the 10 speed. I know this explanation is about as clear as mud.

Got caught in the rain the other day and it took a lot of effort and multiple fingers to get it to shift. Kept slipping off the shifter.

It seems like the rear derailleur has a much stronger spring. If i just move the shifters and cable with no RD, cannot feel any drag.

What might be the case is that my 10 speed had a several year old RD and it's return spring might have gotten soft making the new one feel crisp and harder.

Not really a difference i noticed until my hands got wet.

However, it shifts nice, so no big deal.