Sram Red PowerGlide chain ring need replacement
    Recycle King

Sram Red PowerGlide chain ring need replacement

Okay, I did a search on google and on RBR but didn't find anything regarding my question on replacing my Compact Red PowerGlide silver chain rings with X-Glide as the teeth are starting to wear on the big ring. I want to just replace it with another PowerGlide silver chain ring but I can't find any online. Thus I want to find out if the X-Glide chain ring will cause any rough shift with a 2013 Red front and rear derailleur in conjunction with 2011 Red shifters.
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

"Common sense is not too common these days."

"Cheap things have no value, valuable things are not cheap." - Fortune Cookie

Recycle King
    FYI, after talking to an ebay online bike part dealer, he said it's compatible with pre-2012 Red crank as long as I have the Red Yaw FD, which I do. Also, make sure you know if you are replacing non-hidden bolt chain ring or hidden bolt chain ring. I installed my new X-Glide non-hidden bolt big chain ring & new PC1091 chain last Friday. It's riding quiet and smooth during shifting.

Even though the teeth on the small chain ring is still in very good condition, I am thinking about replacing the 34T with a 36T since I'm needing to shift onto the big chain ring even though I'm riding at a casual pace. Thoughts?
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

"Common sense is not too common these days."

"Cheap things have no value, valuable things are not cheap." - Fortune Cookie