Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

March Photos, Spring Arrived?!? Share your photos here.

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  FatTireFred 
#1 ·
March had it all. Snow, heat and baseball!

And a whole lot of outdoor!

#5 ·
Hey Rodar, you made it up to V.C.! Was that the day I saw you heading south?

#6 ·
The Mayor looks like he came down a little too hard on your saddle :).

#7 ·
Ridgetop said:
Hey Rodar, you made it up to V.C.! Was that the day I saw you heading south?
Same trip, next day. I spent the night near Stagecoach.
BTW- the day you made your VC loop I had been playing tour guide to out of town friends on their first visit to the US. We made almost the same loop as you, except under internal cumbustion and without the Galena leg. Must have been later in the day because we were still eating in Carson when the wind came up.

#11 ·
MB1 said:
Nice looking 'nag.
Thanks...but..

It's not a "real" Colnago...it was not totally made in Italy. And, it is sloped geometry and only has lugs on the rear....All things that the Colnago Fanatics say exclude it from being the Master's true work. However, it DOES get me up the road really well. I noticed some of the BBox team Colnago sponsored pros choose these CX-1s over "real" Colnagos, too.

#12 ·
If it says Colnago then it's a real Colnago. The company may have changed its manufacturing procedures, and may have out sourced some things, but it's still a nag.

#15 ·
Wait a minute--I did shoot some pics in March.

On another forum there was a thread about the spring classics and riding the Belgian cobbles. They thought the whole thing looked better in sepia.

I thought, Hell, I ride the pavé every day. And, I can do sepia. So I took the Kodak to work with me and brought these home.

In the three-seasons, I cut through the cemetery on the way to work. From this entrance, I can go left…

…to climb this short 12%er, or I can go right…

…to climb this longer 10% grade.

It's a hundred to 150 yards at best--just a taste--but climbing on those cobbles is a lot rougher than asphalt, or even dirt. I can't imagine racing up them.

And the descents are brutal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.