Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Photo of my new Century Ti Pro (debadged)

14K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  VETMANSHU 
#1 · (Edited)
I could no longer resist this deal when the Century Ti Pro went to Ultegra crankset and included thru axles this year. Thought I'd share this as a way to say thanks to the forum for info that helped me with selection and sizing.

I put on tubeless tires, swapped seat, post, and bars, removed labels and I'm all set with gravel & commuter setup.

BTW, I have a Seven Cycles titanium road bike and I'm pleasantly surprised by the craftsmanship on this ORA Engineering ti frame. The welds are not quite as thin or consistent as my Seven but they're very clean and the butted ti frame is really nicely put together.

Cheers!

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
re: Yr Century Ti Pro

I could no longer resist this deal when the Century Ti Pro went to Ultegra crankset and included thru axles this year. Thought I'd share this as a way to say thanks to the forum for info that helped me with selection and sizing.

I put on tubeless tires, swapped seat, post, and bars, removed labels and I'm all set with gravel & commuter setup.

BTW, I have a Seven Cycles titanium road bike and I'm pleasantly surprised by the craftsmanship on this ORA Engineering ti frame. The welds are not quite as thin or consistent as my Seven but they're very clean and the butted ti frame is really nicely put together.

Cheers!

View attachment 318283

Nice bike, Passingthrough, I have been on the fence on buying the same rig, to which I would make similar mods. Whats holding me back is weight. Can't find a legit weight on this anywhere. You mind weighing that bike with your mods and reporting on the overall? I have seen random numbers up in to the 26 pound range, which just seems wrong, considering that this is Ti. I would expect maybe 20-21 with those heavy wheels and the parts you replaced? 19-20 after the mods? Thanks!

#3 ·
You mind weighing that bike with your mods and reporting on the overall?
Sure, the weight for my bike (53 cm size) is 21.85 lbs with stock everything except seatpost, saddle, handlebar, and tires. That weight includes my platform SPD pedals which weigh ~1 lb, so without pedals it would be ~20.85 lbs.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I'm really enjoying this bike. I'm actually mulling over selling my Seven Axiom which is something I thought I'd never do. I have no plans to join fast club rides where the slight benefit the Seven might give me would matter and I'd happily pick the Century Pro now even for road riding b/c I like the hydraulic disc brakes (I live in the mountains) and the tubeless wider tires.

#6 ·
Excellent!!!
Do you guys think the 650b Horizon tire would fit this?
Next question is would the Niner RDO fork work? the reasoning behind it is for Rack mid mounts and fender mounts.

• Axle to crown - 400mm
  • Rake - 45mm
  • Max tire size 1.75/45mm

I can have Ti, mid mounts and fender mounts with the Niner fork and still come in less expensive than a Niner for Ultegra. Of course I'd still need to buy 650 wheels, but that's going to happen anyways. As I am building around a dyno hub. Looking for a commute + bike.

I really like the Niner RDO, I just don't dig the 75mm of BB drop compared to the 65mm BB drop on the MB Century Pro Ti.

#7 ·
A few questions if you have a moment:
1) The photos on Bikes Direct appear to be of an older, quick-release version with dropouts bolted on to the frame on both sides of the rear wheel. Does your bike have integral thru-axle dropouts?
2) Is there a threaded mount for fenders on the front fork?
3) Any follow-on opinions since your very helpful posts last year? Thanks!

#8 ·
I thought I'd post a newer photo of my bike after converting to 650B wheels. This is the Hunt 650B Adventure Carbon Disc wheelset with Compass Pumpkin Ridge 42mm tires.

This has been a great upgrade that dropped a significant amount of wheel weight.

I also swapped the cassette for the excellent Shimano 11-34T 11 speed cassette for a lower climbing gear.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.