New Duotrap fro Duotrap S reqdy bikes Ant+ and Bluetooth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

New Duotrap fro Duotrap S reqdy bikes Ant+ and Bluetooth

Just saw this on Treks site. Too bad it looks like not backwards compatible with current Duotrap bikes
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    That would explain the odd looking Duotrap sensor on the 'new' Trek road bike that's surfaced.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    This is for the aluminum bikes, guys, not the carbon ones.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    This is for the aluminum bikes, guys, not the carbon ones.
    What aluminum bikes have the sensors in the chain stay? None that I'm aware of and considering the unique comes with a crank cadence band magnet it's clearly designed to be used on the chain stay.

I thought the aluminum bikes use the SpeedTrap sensor (located in the fork)?

Rock the Mullet!
    Quote Originally Posted by softreset View Post
    What aluminum bikes have the sensors in the chain stay? None that I'm aware of and considering the unique comes with a crank cadence band magnet it's clearly designed to be used on the chain stay.

I thought the aluminum bikes use the SpeedTrap sensor (located in the fork)?
    For 2015, some aluminum bikes are coming with the new duotrap capability built into the chainstay. I just built a 7.3 FX the other day with the new duotrap.
    And I wanna play a little game I like to call "Block My Spike" with Misty May. - Dr. House

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Very cool. Must have been a silent upgrade or early release. The 7.3s we just put on the floor don't have the DuoTrap. What color are the new 7.3s?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    This or a very similar one is also on the new Trek climbing bike. Just look at the pics in the 2015 Madone thread.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by PbOkole View Post
    For 2015, some aluminum bikes are coming with the new duotrap capability built into the chainstay. I just built a 7.3 FX the other day with the new duotrap.
    DuoTrap in an aluminum hybrid frame? Really? A $600.00 bike?!? Can you get a photo of that?
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    DuoTrap in an aluminum hybrid frame? Really? A $600.00 bike?!? Can you get a photo of that?
    Not a picture but in the description.

Trek 7.5 FX 2015 Handsome Bicycles

Not sure why trek didn't just add bt into the current duotrap design.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Wow, that's the first time I've seen the 2015 FX lineup, really nice stuff. Good find!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    The DuoTrap S will apparently fit the new Emonda frame as well.

I'm a little P.O.'ed at track for changing the form factor of the sensor. I just bought a 2014 Domane and would've loved to have a sensor with Bluetooth capabilities, but instead I'm stuck with the old-school DuoTrap on a brand new bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorInRichfield View Post
    The DuoTrap S will apparently fit the new Emonda frame as well.

I'm a little P.O.'ed at track for changing the form factor of the sensor. I just bought a 2014 Domane and would've loved to have a sensor with Bluetooth capabilities, but instead I'm stuck with the old-school DuoTrap on a brand new bike
    I wouldn't give up a DuoTrap with BT that fits in the Domane's chainstay. I was talking just yesterday with my friend who's the local Trek dealer about this topic. He hadn't heard for sure that there would be a BT-capable DuoTrap for the Domane and other existing road frames, but "Trek World" (the big dealer meeting that Trek often uses to launch new products) is next month and he's going to ask about the BT DuoTrap if nothing is said ahead of time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    I just bought a 2014 Domane and would've loved to have a sensor with Bluetooth capabilities, but instead I'm stuck with the old-school DuoTrap on a brand new bike
    FWIW, you might have bought a 'brand new' bike but that bike was built (most likely) in late 2013 or early 2014. I just bought a Domane 5.9 two weeks ago and it was built in September of 2013.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by softreset View Post
    FWIW, you might have bought a 'brand new' bike but that bike was built (most likely) in late 2013 or early 2014. I just bought a Domane 5.9 two weeks ago and it was built in September of 2013.
    Yeah, I bought my Domane in November of 2013 asa 2014 model, but my point is that it is the latest model available and yet it's already out-dated!

I wonder if Trek intends to modify the chain-stays on all 2015+ Madones and Domanes to fit the new sensor or if they release another sensor to fit the existing frames. I guess time will tell.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Yeah, I bought my Domane in November of 2013 asa 2014 model, but my point is that it is the latest model available and yet it's already out-dated!

I wonder if Trek intends to modify the chain-stays on all 2015+ Madones and Domanes to fit the new sensor or if they release another sensor to fit the existing frames. I guess time will tell.
    My guess is that they will release a new sensor to fit the existing frame molds.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Looks like the 2015 colors are still being listed as 'DuoTrap compatible' and not 'DuoTrap S' compatible. So be curious to see if they go with a new DuoTrap sensor that supports Bluetooth (because the S version won't fit in the non-S version slot).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hey guys, first post!

I have an Emonda SL 6. I just bought the DuoTrap S. When I first installed & paired it, the LED lights come on every time the magnets pass it. Now the LED doesn't come on. I've tried moving the magnets to try and line them up. Sometimes the LED comes on, most times it doesn't. So is the LED supposed to come on every time?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CactoesGel View Post
    Hey guys, first post!

I have an Emonda SL 6. I just bought the DuoTrap S. When I first installed & paired it, the LED lights come on every time the magnets pass it. Now the LED doesn't come on. I've tried moving the magnets to try and line them up. Sometimes the LED comes on, most times it doesn't. So is the LED supposed to come on every time?
    The lights only come on for 10 seconds or so to show it's working then it stops blinking to reduce battery drain. Same with the GSC10 and old Duotrap.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    The lights only come on for 10 seconds or so to show it's working then it stops blinking to reduce battery drain. Same with the GSC10 and old Duotrap.
    Ahh thanks, Srode! It's been driving me nuts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    Just wondering if anyone tried to mount a Duotrap S onto a Domane 4 frame (I know it says it's not compatible with the whole in the chain stay).

Since it is built straight versus the typical angle of the other SC sensors I didn't know if anyone successful zip tied it or something.

I have the Wahoo Blue SC on my other bike and just could not make it work on a Domane 4.5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    I asked Trek: "I see that the new DuoTrap S sensor is bluetooth. Are you planning to have a bluetooth version that fits in the "older" DuoTrap compatible frames? (I just bought a Madone..)"

They said: "
    Thank you for contacting Trek and I apologize for the delayed response Yes, there will be a bluetooth duotrap coming.. at this time I do not have an exact ETA.
    I would check with your local Trek retailer so they can keep an eye out for you".

So it looks like we will get what we want (I would strongly guess it would be dual Ant/BTLE as the new S model).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    I just asked as well and they got a bit more specific!
    Ken,
    Thank you for contacting Trek Bicycle
    Yes! There will be a Duotrap that is bluetooth compatible
    ETA is roughly the middle of November
    Best,
    Nick

Yay!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    I contacted Trek as well. And received this:

We actually just debuted a new DuoTrap sensor that is Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ capable that will be available in late October. This DuoTrap will fit both of your Domanes and can be ordered through your local Trek retailer using part number 508126.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoneill View Post
    I contacted Trek as well. And received this:

We actually just debuted a new DuoTrap sensor that is Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ capable that will be available in late October. This DuoTrap will fit both of your Domanes and can be ordered through your local Trek retailer using part number 508126.

Thanks for that info.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Last edited by PoorInRichfield; 11-21-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast