So has anyone been pleasantly surprised....
    RoadBikeReview Member

So has anyone been pleasantly surprised....

... by Trek, and received their shiny new Carbon-fiber bikes before they were supposed to?

I dropped the bones on Feb 11, and now the snow is starting to melt here, and Im getting a bit itchy....

Please share your tales of encouragement!!
    "I become a happier man each time I suffer" - Lance Armstrong

Prairie Smoke

Welll...

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_envy
    ... by Trek, and received their shiny new Carbon-fiber bikes before they were supposed to?

I dropped the bones on Feb 11, and now the snow is starting to melt here, and Im getting a bit itchy....

Please share your tales of encouragement!!
    Ordered mine Nov 7, and it came Feb 20...but it sure was worth the wait!! Hang in there!

RoadBikeReview Member

Cool

I went into my Trek dealership yesterday... and they looked in some kind of computerized Trek tool... and they found 2 Madone 5.2's in stock, in the color that I wanted...

They both had triples and 9-speed ultegra.

I asked them to order one of the bikes, they said that I should expect delivery late this week or early next week...

I will be getting the dealership to install a compact double on the front. (I have a triple on one of my bikes now and it kind of gets on my nerves) SO ANYWAY - instead of waiting for months and months, I took what they had, and by compromizing, I will get it faster.

As for the Ultegra 9 vs Ultegra 10, I have ridden Ultegra 9, and I expect to be quite happy with it... and if I decide that I don't like it, I will get one of those dura-ace 10spd conversion upgrade groups.

Course... thats how I roll.

Prairie Smoke

They checked but in my case

Quote Originally Posted by jakerson
    I went into my Trek dealership yesterday... and they looked in some kind of computerized Trek tool... and they found 2 Madone 5.2's in stock, in the color that I wanted...
    There weren't any 5.2 SL's in my size (50 cm). So if you're not a common size this may not be an option.

They did say that I could get a Project One and get it a few weeks earlier but that's not a whole lot when your're already waiting that long, plus I liked the paint job on the one I got better -- got the black/silver one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ordered an SL 5.9 in late November and was told to look for it around the middle of April. It arrived in early January. Yours could be the exception, but I am far from the only one who got their bike a lot sooner than initially promised.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rule
    Ordered an SL 5.9 in late November and was told to look for it around the middle of April. It arrived in early January. Yours could be the exception, but I am far from the only one who got their bike a lot sooner than initially promised.
    I was freaking out becuase the 5.2 I ordered 1/10 went from being delivered in two weeks, to Feb 26 to mid May. Turns out it came on 2/26, right on the dot.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003

Got mine last week

It's a Project One Madone 5.2, came in a lot faster than a stock bike, plus there's nothing else like it on the road. Via come il vento!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

P1

I ordered my P1 Mountain Storm Madone SL at the end of January, was supposed to get it within 30 days, got it in 42 days. Not bad! I heard that Project One's get the priority, and you can get them faster than ordering a stock one.