Best 700x32c tires for road use. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4slomo View Post
    Continental Gator Hardshell 32C tires for durability in desert climate. Rubber is too hard for wet conditions.
    This post makes it sound like these tires are all about durability at the cost of handling and comfort, and if that's the case that's too high a cost to prevent a few flats.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    This post makes it sound like these tires are all about durability at the cost of handling and comfort
    That is how I would describe them
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I like bontrager r3’s, nice ride feel and easy to mount, seem to be durable also.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Conti GP5000 but as far as I know the 32mm isn't available yet. Obviously this is a highly subjective question, so bear that in mind.
    Thanks. The 700x32c are listed on the Continental website.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldriverdude View Post
    Continental Grand Prix 4000 All Season tires work great. I have no experience with the new 5000 series, but I am sure they are also very good.
    Thanks. I’m considering both the GP 4000 and the new GP 5000.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I only have a couple hundred miles on my Hutchinson Sectors 700x32. I'm running them tubeless and they have been great so far. I had good experiences with the 700x28 version. My goal was a comfortable ride with decent performance and weight. So far, so good.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I looked at the Re-Fuse but there are not too many reviews out there. I guess they are not as popular as their MTB tires.
    How durable are they? How well do they roll?
    Maxxis Re-Fuses are bombproof, but ride somewhat harsh. I never found them slow, but I definitely noticed more comfort when I changed to Vittoria Rubino Pros.

Higher TPI gives you a nicer ride, however, TPI doesn't tell you everything about durability. Tires that are more durable, puncture resistant and last longer are generally heavier and a bit harsher riding. It's a trade-off. There are no free lunches and you have to decide how much you want to compromise in each direction.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Maxxis Re-Fuses are bombproof, but ride somewhat harsh. I never found them slow, but I definitely noticed more comfort when I changed to Vittoria Rubino Pros.

Higher TPI gives you a nicer ride, however, TPI doesn't tell you everything about durability. Tires that are more durable, puncture resistant and last longer are generally heavier and a bit harsher riding. It's a trade-off. There are no free lunches and you have to decide how much you want to compromise in each direction.
    Thanks for your opinion on the Maxxis Re-Fuse. And you are right, it’s a trade off.
    I rode yesterday and paid close attention to the road conditions. Based on the road conditions, at this point, yes I want a faster tire, but realized I need to put a higher priority on durability and flat protection.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalGuy View Post
    The 120 tpi are arguably more durable on good roads than 60 tpi. One thing for sure is that IMO the 120 tpi ride nicer than the 60 tpi.
    Not necessarily. If it's one belt of 60 tpi vs. 1 belt of 120 tpi, then yes, it will probably be nicer. If, OTOH, it's 2 belts of 60 tpi vs 1, probably not. Suppleness comes from having a more flexible tread (and sidewall), so the thicker a tread is, the stiffer it is, UNLESS it uses some more supple fabric and/or rubber compound.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Deleted Post

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Not necessarily. If it's one belt of 60 tpi vs. 1 belt of 120 tpi, then yes, it will probably be nicer. If, OTOH, it's 2 belts of 60 tpi vs 1, probably not.
    This is indeed true. Conti has played this game boasting a TPI of 330 on one of their tires. That's actually 3 belts of 110 TPI each, so would most likely feel like a 110 TPI tire.

Furthermore, anything over 120 TPI per belt is meaningless anyway. You may feel the per belt difference between 60 TPI and 120 TPI. You won't feel the per belt difference between 120 TPI and 240 TPI.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018

Best 700x32c tires for road use.

I was considering the Continental GP 5000s as my first choice, but I found a deal on the Continental Gatorskins 700x32c. For the price, I am going to give them a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12