Campagnolo Eurus clincher 2012 Shiman/SRAM convert to Campagnolo freehub?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

Campagnolo Eurus clincher 2012 Shiman/SRAM convert to Campagnolo freehub?

I have a pair of Campagnolo Eurus 2012 clinchers that I am using with my shimano Ultegra groupset. I have seen "Fulcrum RS-005 Freehub Body" which says that it is compatible with the Eurus wheels but will I be able to swap this out on my set of wheels to make them work with a campagnolo chrous gearset? Do I need a lock ring? Many of the sites state the "Fulcrum RS-005 Freehub Body" does not come with a lock ring.

Steaming piles of opinion
    I can't speak with certainty on the compatibility of the freehub body with your wheels, but only because I am lazy. Campagnolo is outstanding at putting all of their technical documentation complete with part numbers on their site. Seek and ye shall find. My guess is it works. I don't know if there's a redishing or respacing question - my guess would be no.

As for lockrings: They come with the cassette, not the hub, so no matter.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

chamois creme addict
    The RS-005 freehub will work with your Campy Eurus, no problem. In terms of lockrings, if you are using 11spd Campy Chorus then you will be fine as the lockrings come with the cassette. If you are using 10spd Campy, then the lockring comes with the wheel for 12/13T cassettes, but for 11T cassettes it comes with the cassette.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for the definitive answer. I learned that you must be very careful with the freehub pawls as the spring is very thin and can pop out if you are not careful. I was told there is a tool that can help hold down the pawls as you install.

chamois creme addict
    I can usually get the freehub in by using my fingers and a small allen wrench to get all the pawls pressed down. It goes together pretty easily.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Will try this. Thanks!