Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Campy Eurus 2-Way Fit Wheels

6K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  kingfisher 
#1 ·
anyone familiar with this wheelset? Is the 2-Way fit all it's cracked up to be?

Steve

#2 ·
Dunno, but Competitive Cyclist had them for $599, so I was considering finding out. Unfortunately, they sold out of them earlier today (was waiting until Friday-payday). :cryin:

I have read reviews that said they are harsh if you ride them with clinchers, but much better if you ride tubeless.

#3 ·
I ride mine with clinchers using Conti 4000S tires, running them at 100psi. The ride is firm, I wouldn't say it's harsh.

Don't even think twice about whether you should buy them, they're amazing, light, and very strong. I've ridden over some really crappy roads with them the last 2 seasons and they still perform like new.

You can stand on them and climb and hammer, they'll do it all and get you back home without worrying about whether they'll hold up or not.

#5 ·
I don't know about the 2-way fit, but I know that for a little less money there's the Zonda 2-way fit which has steel spokes. Slightly heavier, a bit stiffer and a bit more aerodynamic. Same hubs and bearings.

Wiggle has good prices on 2011 Campa wheels now.

#8 ·
I'd be curious to hear from anyone that has tried both the Eurus and Shamals. The latter are only 40 or so grams lighter with the better bearings. Is it enough to justify the higher cost and is the ride that much better? I'd hate to get the more $$ ones to learn they pretty much feel the same.

My Eurus are amazing, I swap them between my two bikes (one aluminum and another carbon). They kill on either bike. With 23mm Conti 4000S tires at 100psi the ride is quite comfortable.

#9 ·
I would suggest that if you are not sure you will use tubeless, to get the clincher version and not 2 way. I have a pair of both, and have put many many miles on each. the 2 way are more difficult to mount tires on correctly and more prone pinch flats as the tube gets pinched against the edge. eurus are tough enough to mount tires on, and there is a noticeable difference between the two. fantastic durability, stiff, overall great wheels.

#12 ·
the 2 way are more difficult to mount tires on correctly and more prone pinch flats as the tube gets pinched against the edge.
Not against you specifically, but I wish we could all come to a common understanding that this is NOT a pinch flat. It's a tube blowout caused by improper installation. A pinch flat is what happens when an underinflated tire hits a sharp edge of a rock, pothole, etc. and pinches the tube between rim and object, creating (two, usually) holes.

Just saying that we need to invent a catchy term to cover stupid installation as compared to the term we already have for stupid riding. :D

#13 ·
I'm just finishing my 3rd season on the Eurus. I've got a least 40,000 miles on mine. I had to get the rear wheel trued once, but otherwise ZERO problems. I ride in Manhattan and chunk and bunny hop the wheels everyday. I've ridden both clincher and tubeless. I like the tubeless better (so smooth), but it's hard to mount them on my own. They are very tight.

A truly great race/train wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.