Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Campy Eurus Wheels

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cmg 
#1 ·
What other wheels would you consider for a 140 lb rider who loves to climb?
Only to be used on the fair weather, "go fast" bike? I want light but, reliable/true
in the under $1k price range. Go!

#5 ·
QQUIKM3 said:
I've had Campy Neutrons and now Shamal Ultras, and can't say enough great things about them. They are light, bullet-proof (really insane durability) and have great bearings as well. You can't go wrong with Campy wheels.
yes, especially for a 140 lb rider, the wheel should last forever.

A friend in the mid-high 180 lb range is on Eurus wheels, he curb hops , has huge sprint power, and his Eurus wheels have been holding up very well in 3+ years. Stayed true, no broken spokes, no cracks, smooth running hubs.

Plus, they do look nicer than generic wheels, IMHO.

I am lighter 167 lbs, and on Shamal wheels for a year (2800 miles), similar design to Eurus, and they have been great all-around wheels. I have my eye on a second set of deep (65-68 mm) carbon rim wheels, but the Campy would remain my all-around.

#6 ·
tom_h said:
I have my eye on a second set of deep (65-68 mm) carbon rim wheels, but the Campy would remain my all-around.
Sweet. For me wheelsets begin and end with Campagnolo, and used to hand build wheels too, so I have a good idea what a good wheel is. They are really durable, I beat that pair of Neutrons silly (I'm only 145-lb) for many thousands of miles, put them in my wheel-building/truing stand, and didn't have to touch them!

#7 ·
I have several thouusand miles into my 2008 Campagnolo Eurus. They aren't the lightest wheelsets on the market, and I prefer my Rolf Prima Elans when I go up hill. It's not to say they don't climb easily but at 1350gms, my Elans accelerate much more quickly on inclines.

They are ultra stable (far more than my Elans) and sprinting with them is a blast. They're a versatile wheels, which can handle various terrain admirably. Oh, I haven't had to true them yet.

CHL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.